• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first band fill

wsambrooke

I'm 5 weeks pre op ... And I'm having my first band fill next Wednesday ... As I'm still sore around my main scar does it hurt ? As I'm so scared as I had a skin infection just before Christmas ..... Really need to calm down and chill .... Rant over xxxx

Try not to worry. No guarantees that you are not going to feel anything - but I can assure you that none of my 3 fills have hurt whatsoever. Really quick too. My first one was under x-ray so they knew exactly how to find the port (is your fill under x-ray?); but even if they dont do it under x-ray, surgeons generally place the ports in the same position for all their patients, so you should be fine xxx

No x rays for me.....just lie down, quick scratch n done...it amazes me how they do it!!!! x

My fills didnt hurt either, small scratch and then all over.Wishing you all the best x

Same here, she knew exactly where my port was, small scratch then done. Try not to worry, I know its hard but you ll be fine xxx

Believe me giving blood hurts more than that, I was so scared but was amazed just the little scratch, please don't worry no need x

Thanks everyone ... All I'm scared about really is I still have a infection around the port scar ... And I'm still really sore . But thanks again it's just really good I have you's to keep me calm xxxxx

Thanks everyone ... All I'm scared about really is I still have a infection around the port scar ... And I'm still really sore . But thanks again it's just really good I have you's to keep me calm xxxxx
I had an infection around my port wound too before my first fill. I rang my provider for advice and they said that I should wait until it had cleared up. So my first fill was a month late, I was so gutted at the time but I'm glad I rang rather than drive all the way there to be turned away.
Good luck x

I still had to go and see them so they could have alook ... My first band fill was cancelled but I'm ok with that ... I'm not in so much pain this week ... So things are looking up .... I now have my band filled on the 30th of this month ... I'm ready for it xxx

Back