• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first Diary....Post op 4weeks

Hello everyone...Rosey....I have been doing well since my op...I now have lost 25 lbs...I was a little worried that I wasn't going to see any weight loss,but all of the sudden it became real...If any bander is in doubt I'm here to tell you it will come....I got my first fill on Sept.30th and that's when my journey really started....I'm feeling great and pray that all BP's have success with post op and fills....I'm glad I made this choice for a new life and a new me...Good luck all and keep the faith..xoxoxo!

Sent from Rosey!

That is absolutely fantastic. Well done!!

I have always tracked what I have eaten since I had the band fitted as I wanted to make sure the £6k I had spent wasn't wasted.

I wasn't eating enough at the point of going onto soft food so my weight loss slowed down a lot for two weeks (average of 1 pound per week).

After doing a lot of reading and speaking to the dietician, I made a conscious effort to take it from the c. 600 calories a day I was feeling full on at the time, to c. 1000 calories a day. Its weird because I was worried that I may put weight on by increasing the calories - but it seemed to improve the weight loss massively. I had a couple of blips over the past three months but generally eat good band foods that I enjoy (don't want to feel I am on a diet, if you know what I mean). Currently I am eating around 1200 calories a day on average and making sure that a large amount of that is from high protein foods...and my weight loss for the past two weeks has been 4 pounds a week!

I use sparkpeople.com but lots of people use myfitnesspal.com to check the nutritional value of the food; have access to recipes/BMI/weight loss calculators and to chart their progress. They are great tools to help you keep focussed and its motivating to see where you used to be and what you have achieved.

iv been tracking food but not put down cal's maybe i should do that. i do eat hall of alot less than b4 but iv saw peps on here having a few spoonfuls n they full, i not full till iv ate half or 3quarters of like a fish pie meal x

Some people suggest maybe you shouldn't count calories; but my dietician didn't agree...she was happy as it was keeping me focussed until the restriction really kicks in. She said it was all about creating new habits rather than thinking we could carry on as before and expect the band to work miracles.

I too, like you, was reading the bits about people eating a few teaspoonfuls and thinking I was overeating.

I think once you are on the solid / crunchy band-friendly foods you will really see a difference. Gotta remember your body is still recovering...x

Thanks for the advice hun I can get that my fitness pal on my phone so maybe I could do that xx

Well, its worth a shot. Good luck.

Back