• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My first weigh in after surgery - 8lb off yippeee

Maura

Not really my first weigh in, but my official weigh in. went to Boots this morning and stood proudly on the scales. 8lb off is great.:D:D:D I just hope its the start of me becoming a big loser... lol. :D I will get weighed every saturday and keep u posted.

starting on mushies tomorrow and getting nervous. I tried a piece of chicken the other day, and the pain was wild. I thot i had swallowed a brick. it was quite sore. does that mean that chicken is off my menu? i tried a piece of toast today and it went down fine, however i want to stay away from bread, its my number 1 enemy. I have weetabix for tomorows breakfast and will have my sunday dinner all mushed up. I intend to eat the vegetables and meat first. Then I wont need too many potatoes as I will be feeling full (hopefully).

My wounds are healing quite well and I get my stitches out on Monday. Havent had any pain relief in 24 hours which is a result! 7 days ago I was a in a lot of discomfort, i am looking forward to my new life....:flirt2:

well done on your first weigh in, 8lb a fantastic loss, although i have had the bypass i was told that one day certain foods might be uncomfortable but the next day they might be fine, hopefully another bander will be along with more info for you. either way well done best wishes barbara xx

Congratulations Maura, fantastic loss in such a short time. Dont forget to get the meat in first then veg then the tatties. Sometimes when I just cant face another Weetabix, I have one small slice of Wholemeal bread, toasted with Low Fat cheese on top. When the Cheese has melted, I cut the crusts off and end up with breakfast the size of an iphone!!!, but at least I am getting protein and calcium in.

Congratulations Maura, fantastic loss in such a short time. Dont forget to get the meat in first then veg then the tatties. Sometimes when I just cant face another Weetabix, I have one small slice of Wholemeal bread, toasted with Low Fat cheese on top. When the Cheese has melted, I cut the crusts off and end up with breakfast the size of an iphone!!!, but at least I am getting protein and calcium in.

thanks for that. are u taking any vitamin tablets? i havent started taking any yet. do u think i should?

Hi Maura,
I had a Bypass so started Vits when I got home after 4 days in hospital. I'm afraid I am ignorant about the Band, but if they have advised that you take them, then you should. I purchased mine in the first instance in liquid form then arranged to get them on prescription. I try to take everyday but sometimes forget!

Not really my first weigh in, but my official weigh in. went to Boots this morning and stood proudly on the scales. 8lb off is great.:D:D:D I just hope its the start of me becoming a big loser... lol. :D I will get weighed every saturday and keep u posted.

starting on mushies tomorrow and getting nervous. I tried a piece of chicken the other day, and the pain was wild. I thot i had swallowed a brick. it was quite sore. does that mean that chicken is off my menu? i tried a piece of toast today and it went down fine, however i want to stay away from bread, its my number 1 enemy. I have weetabix for tomorows breakfast and will have my sunday dinner all mushed up. I intend to eat the vegetables and meat first. Then I wont need too many potatoes as I will be feeling full (hopefully).

My wounds are healing quite well and I get my stitches out on Monday. Havent had any pain relief in 24 hours which is a result! 7 days ago I was a in a lot of discomfort, i am looking forward to my new life....:flirt2:
Great loss, well done.
Chicken often sets me off too. But so far I find it's not really what I've eaten, rather than the speed or size of the food. If I forget myself and eat quickly....arghhhh violent hiccups and chest pain that goes on for a good 15 mins!
You sound like you are doing brilliantly! :greenapple:
xxx

Hi Maura,

Thats a brilliant loss - i bet you are over the moon.

Ive not got anything stuck as yet but for my 1st week of mushies i did use a blender for all my food. Did you blend your chicken?....it does help.
Use this stage to really practice and learn the fine art of chewing food really well before swollowing.
You are doing great girl!

Back