• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

7 days post op

Maura

well here I am 7 days post op. Have to admit I am recovering quite well. left side stings now and again but its bearable. Went back to work yesterday and it wasnt too bad. still tender though but finding sitting and standing bearable. came home from work today......starving :( so i went straight into fridge and took 2 slices of ham and ate them...... and i chewed them up, but i soon felt the pain when they went into my stomach ouch! :( I am not perfect, that i do know but 7 days on liquid is taking its toll.... i am on mushies on sunday and will enjoy my sunday dinner munched up. I will weigh in on Saturday at Boots. Weighed myself this morning but my scales arent accurate. one minute they give me a reading and if i step off and on again they will give me a different reading.

hi, glad your recovering well.
It took me a while to adjust to not grazing all day long. I still do my routine of checking out the fridge and cupboards when I'm bored, but I do tend to not eat anything. Just habit really.
I'm two months post op and still have days when all I want to do is eat and eat and eat! However...losing weight is fantastic and I feel great!
xx

Its funny, but I went back to work on the 4th May. I had had had two weeks sick and two weeks A/L. At home I didnt have a problem with wanting to snack or an urge to make a bad choice. Then I sat next to my dear colleague and her three packets of crisps and a two chocolate bars and suddenly I felt possessed by evil !! I asked for a crisp, then another. Then thought, what on earth am I doing? and I successfully managed to ignore the urges for the next two days. I never gave it a thought that work would be more of a temptation than home.
xxx

I didnt realise how much food is involved in every activity. My friends (who i havent seen in ages) want to meet for coffee. My work colleague has a birthday next week and my other colleagues are planning on going out for a meal... arghhhhhh

Back