• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My GP .... I need to change :-(

Nic318

Post-op Gastric Bypass
All

Reluctantly I am going to have to change my GP. I say reluctantly because I really don't want to. My GP is great and has been very supportive and I feel I can discuss anything with her.

I have "blagged" that I still live in Leyland so that I could stay with the clinic I have been with since birth but I'm now going to have to move to one in Chorley.

My question is ..... how on earth do I find a good Dr?? Preferably one that has knowledge of the gastric bypass. Have goggled but none of the sites seem to have any reviews, HELP PLEASE

Nic xxxxxx

Maybe ask your friends about their doctors? If loads seem to recommend one in particular, try them...:)

Maybe ask your friends about their doctors? If loads seem to recommend one in particular, try them...:)

Hiya

Thanks but my mates are in Leyland at same surgery I am currently at:p

do you have any family in the catchment area of your old doctor Nic? You could use their address so that you can stay registered with your current practice.

Hi Sam/Mandy

I'm not in the catchment area for that surgery and as I've blagged for 7 years I'm still at my parents address I have to change as sometimes things you discuss are stuff that's going on at home and doesn't help when you have to tell fibs about the situation :-(

Have you actually spoken to your GP about this? I have recently moved house, and should have changed Doctors... the receptionist was actually very snooty with me about it on the day that I went in to ask for my WLS referral which made me cry, so I was in tears before I even got into the consulting room to speak to the doctor. My doctor confirmed that strictly speaking I would have to change doctors as I was no longer in their catchment but he said he would support me in getting the WLS first and then I could change doctors once I was post surgery.

Im sure your doctor will be understanding, and as long as they have an address that is within the catchment that they can use I think they will want to keep you on their books.

Thanks Sam, Mum overheard someone saying about it at reception and the receptionist was snotty about it. It's annoying really I'm only a few miles up the road and I've been with the same surgery since birth :-(

hi Nicola ... I'm same ..

i live in Greenwich and i moved 7 miles up the road to bromley and i stayed at same doctors and blagged the fact it was my partners house i was staying at and i still lived in Greenwich ...

but then my house was sold so i had to move again I'm now back in Greenwich but not in the area of my doctors they do a 2 mile around radius or something and I'm like 3 miles ..

my GP is fantastic also ... and reception are very very snotty lol they are so so rude .. but my GP said it does not matter as I'm going to have major op and she wants to support me through out so i was to stay reg with them ...

i suggest if ur moving then find a medical center or health center .. and not just a family practice .. i would find somewhere with 5 or more doctors if there a health clinic they should deal with much more than just general GP service .. they will have phisio and maternity .. and so on so there services will be larger than the normal practice so therefor they should know something about bariatric surgery ..

my GP is in a medical center and i was lucky she had put 2 people before me through the process so she knew what she was talking about and doing .. she even applied for my funding before i was even ref .. and i got it thats why i have gone through the system real quick ..

even the surgeon said ... my your GP is switched on !! this is what all GP's should be like and we wouldn't have the waiting lists that we have ...

so try that Hun .. good luck .. x

Back