• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a wonderful GP....

simplylucy

I rang my GP last week to let him know I am having an appointment this week to have gastirc bypass surgery privately. He made me an appointment for today, said he wanted to chat to me.

Off I went at 5pm, leaving my poor dad with my 4 children plus my niece and nephew (forgot I offered to have them whilst my sister went to work!) Good old dad, I'm sure he loved having all 6 of his grandchildren after a busy, hot day at work!

Anyhow back on track, the appointment went really well. My GP wanted to go through all the other things I'd tried. Then he suggested that I hadn't tried weight loss drug, well I have because I bought them over the counter. I told him they were great when I took them but if I wanted to cheat or be naughty I just missed a couple out. I suggested to him that they make a once a month tablet so once you've taken it it's too late to change your mind for a month. He laughed!

He fully supports my choice for surgery. He's told me he'll do any referal letter I may need, plus sort all my note quickly if they are requested. He also said he'd support me with all the aftercare, offered to come and change dressing, help with injections if needed, and organise any drugs I'll need.

He's given me so much confidence.

So, I'm off to Taunton tomorrow. I'm very excited about my appointment with Nicky.

I'm with Gaynor, you are very lucky to have such a supportive gp!

Good luck xx

He's a fabulous GP.

My old GP whom I'd had since I was born retired 2 years ago, for the couple of years before that you could see he'd lost his passion for the job. I used to dread going to see him! :rolleyes:

This new guy is like a breath of fresh air, he's young and keen. He was so kind and caring when I got hysterical about having extra health checks for OFSTED when I became a childminder (I passed them all!).

The children don't stress when they have to go to the doctors now, the old GP was a little sharp with them at times.

Wonder if there is a GP of the year award I could nominate him for, he really is good at his job. :D

I know I'm lucky to have such a good GP, maybe you should all move to my town and request him. :8855:

Oh and I'm mega nervous about todays appointment now.

Good luck for today's appointment, I am having op at Taunton, but Musgrove Park. Well done on making the decision to have the bypass, and so pleased your doctor is supportive, wish more GP's were like him!
Let us know how you get on, fingers crossed for you xxxxx

Sounds like a fantastic supportive GP, i'm very fortunate too as i have one who is very similar and has provided lots of support and happily prescribes all my meds( i too went privately). It makes such a difference to the journey to have your GP supporting you. Good luck with your appointment and your op xx

How wonderful! I have a fantastic GP as well and it makes life such much better.

Back