• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sat crying over GP change of opinion.

Well done Hun!

Caralined this is amazing news! I'm so happy for you hun x

well a few months on and lots and I mean LOTS of fighting later- I have passed the criteria for Oxford Radcliffe Hospital YIPPIIIIE!! So, according to my practice manager I need to wait for a letter to invite me to a group meeting with other proposed patients, Then another appointment will be sent so I can have a consultation with the surgeon. Anyone else been at this stage? Anyone know this Hospital? Good reputation, waiting list times? How long does it take to get the invite to the meeting? the wait is killing me haha I think my postman is getting fed up with me asking him if he has any extra post haha

Awesome news, and in my neck of the woods :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, if you can get the money together (£150-£250) its worth having a private consultation with a specialize bariatric surgeon in your area. My GP said no to funding and said an appeal would only be turned down. When I had a private consultation my surgeon said he was very happy for me to have my surgery on the NHS and would sort it if that's what I wanted My BMI was 48 with no major health issues, just joint pain, minor sleep problems etc. I'm still going privately as I can have it done that much sooner, Mr Somers himself will do my surgery and I have increase aftercare, but that's only as the money has been made available to me suddenly. (lucky I know) but had I listened to my GP at that time I wouldn't have gone anywhere! Just a thought for you. X Good luck

Back