• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am going to change hospitals

strawberrylola

I have made an apointment today with my GP to ask if I can change hospitals - I have my seminar date for the 3rd july at sunderland - but everyone is telling me I should change to Darlington because the waiting time will be shorter........hope I am doing the right thing!!!!!:confused:

Grab what you have, its not long to wait and you might have to start from the begining. It always fells a long time when you are waiting x

I think I would be inclined to stay where I was as at least you are on your way, you never know you could change, lose your place and wait even longer :eek:

Last edited:
When I was down south and had referred to The Whittington I asked about changing to St Richards and was advised (by both hospitals and the funding body) I'd have to start the process all over again at the risk of being refused.

All areas are different but be careful x

I'm having mine at Sunderland , sleeve, on the 29th june and I had my seminar in July 2011 so have waited nearly 2 years. Darlington were'nt doing the surgery back then, so I had to stay put. But I think it gave me time to read all the info good and bad on this site to get my head round the whole thing.

lindy62

Go to Darlington, I had my semiar feb 26th and then weight loss target on the 4th June, I had to go back on the 19th because they had lost my notes as I had my sleep test at durham and they were there. When I went back last week they gave me a date for 14th October, I could have had it earlier in August but I am starting a new job next week so I did not want it then. So total wait time 8 months as long as you hit your weight loss target you will be the same, mine could of been sorted in 6 months if I was not off to my new job!! They are lovely at Darlington, very helpful and the bariatric nurse cheryl is always on hand if you have any questions in between appointments. Go for it and save yourself a 2 year wait!!

I have made an apointment today with my GP to ask if I can change hospitals - I have my seminar date for the 3rd july at sunderland - but everyone is telling me I should change to Darlington because the waiting time will be shorter........hope I am doing the right thing!!!!!:confused:

It may take you a month or so to get your seminar date for Dalington, but the overall wait is alot less for the surgery. good luck

Hiya chuck, I did exactly what you are wanting to do! I had a seminar date for sunderland, came on here and was told about the wait times etc so I rang my GP practice, spoke to my Drs secretary and asked her to change the hospital to north tees! She did it no problem, it's part of the NHS now that you choose what hospital you have treatment so it's no bother! This was the beginning of jan, I had my seminar 23rd of jan at north tees, hit my weight target really fast cos I pulled out all the stops and had my sleeve 7th of may! I would say deffo do it, if I would have stayed with sunderland I might of only just had my first app!! Where do u live? I'm in Hartlepool and funding etc isn't a problem here at all as long as your BMI is over 40, funding was never even discussed with me! Any questions fire away :) xx

Hiya chuck, I did exactly what you are wanting to do! I had a seminar date for sunderland, came on here and was told about the wait times etc so I rang my GP practice, spoke to my Drs secretary and asked her to change the hospital to north tees! She did it no problem, it's part of the NHS now that you choose what hospital you have treatment so it's no bother! This was the beginning of jan, I had my seminar 23rd of jan at north tees, hit my weight target really fast cos I pulled out all the stops and had my sleeve 7th of may! I would say deffo do it, if I would have stayed with sunderland I might of only just had my first app!! Where do u live? I'm in Hartlepool and funding etc isn't a problem here at all as long as your BMI is over 40, funding was never even discussed with me! Any questions fire away :) xx

Thank you so much for replying all that advice is great I am in chester-le-st but I dont mind travelling down to north tees or darlo I am sure I will have loads of questions for you!! will ring the GPs secretary in the morning - I had made an appointment with doc but will try her......will let you know how I get on.......

thanks for the advice xx

Hi luvva if you fancy a coffee some of us are meeting up in Bishop Auckland on Monday 1st July 10am Morrisons café. Also meet in Darlington Sat morning 10,30 Dolphin center café. You WOULD BE WELCOME AT ANY OF THE MEETS, people have been to all the local hospitals in the area, some SRH , some Darlo and some North Tees. xx:) Look at the coffee and chat Darlinton wls site. Just go to the top here and click on the search chevron and type coffee n chat n it will pop up xx good luck xx:)

I have rang and changed hospitals - my seminar appointment is 30th july at Darlington!!

I am getting my op done off Mr Mitchell, it will be him you see eventually or Mr Samier, you should be all sorted for xmas, I am grieving the loss of my giant xmas dinner already this year but then thinking of all the fab clothes I have in my wardrobe that I will be able to get on!!

I live in chster le street too, Darlington is straight down the a1, North Tees was not an option for me through my gp yours might be different though xx

such a small world - I work at Morrisons and live near the Garden farm pub so we could have seen each other :)
they said north tees was not a option - so pleased I changed

such a small world - I work at Morrisons and live near the Garden farm pub so we could have seen each other :)
they said north tees was not a option - so pleased I changed

Hi, I live in Pelton so not far from you, I am pleased your sorted, we are lucky in the North East that there are no funding applications, the only hoop you have to jump through is a 5-10kg weight loss which is set at semiar and your given three months to lose it, I found that the op is an excellent motivational tool to get off some flab!! Good luck, let me know how you get on :) x

Back