• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My head is now spinning!!!

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I was just replying to a thread here on the forum and I was re-reading what I had put to check for spelling mistakes etc and as I read it back I noticed that I had said "when we are slim"....WOW...bolt out of the blue realisation hit me, I am going to be slim!!!
That probably sounds silly but the thought hadnt occurred to me before that point...yes I am losing weight and am getting slimmer, but I never actually stopped to think that one day I am going to be at a weight that will technically mean that I am slim!!!
I spent so many many MANY years wondering what being slim would be like and knowing that it would never happen to me, never would I know how it feels and then I looked at that one little word on my screen and then I looked at my picture on here and it smacked me right in the face...I WILL be slim, hell, I have a long way to go but I am a damn sight closer to being slim than I have been since being a young girl.
If you look at that before picture in my signature, that is what my mind still sees me as, yes, I can see the changes but my actual deep down 'mind' hasnt caught up yet and that little word...slim...just blew me away and my head is spinning and aching now, in a good way I guess but wow, how could I think I was so well balanced about it all, how could I be plodding on and not actually be up to speed with what is going on. I guess that counting calories and grams and litres etc has taken up so much of my mind that I didnt really stop to think about where this journey is helping to take me.
Mad!!!
Steph xx

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Awww Steph, you are such an amazing lovely person, and yes you WILL be slim. You are going to start believing it even more very soon, from the way your pictures and your weight are going. So pleased for you, you deserve this happiness (even if your head is spinning lol). Take care xxxx

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Aww God bless ya, thanks for saying that xx
Moments of clarity just blow you away sometimes.
Steph xx

jaxx

I'm just the same. Even though I had someone tell me today they could tell I'd lost a lot of weight, I still can't believe that I'll ever be considered slim. I keep telling myself I'll be happy if I got down to 15stone (I can just about get my head around that) but after that I just can't imagine it.

gillabean

Really living now!
I know what you mean, one of the girls at work calls me 'skinny' and I always think she is taking the pi** and being sarcastic. I still sometimes stop and stare at myself when I pass a window, I can't believe it's me. I can't help thinking that it's a phase my body is going through, and that the big tummy and boobs will come back.

Fashionably Late

is a skinny size XS & 6!
That is amazing. I didn't realise it until you wrote this. I cannot believe that I will be slim again. I haven't seen me like that for a very long time.

ladylite

:party0011:Go slim people Go:party0011:​

phatmomma

Does this mean you lot will be heading back to 'minis' then :) :) :)

If so i'll put my voodoo curse on you now... but if you'll stay around when your skinny minis i wish you all the best :) xx

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I am staying right here Julie! I will never leave this forum, it is my home and I feel that even when my surgery is old news I want to give back to the community of WLS and so I will always be around...poor you lot!!! lol
Steph xx

P.S I know that a lot of people will see me saying that and think that I shouldnt make such assurances but I am determined for it to be true.

keeks

Wow, That was some speech, Its good that you have realised you are becoming the person you have longed to look in the mirror and see. I am only just starting my journey (waiting for appointment after gp referred me), but that speech has made me realise that i will be the person i want to be. I'll be able to walk past the clothes shops i don't even bother looking in now as i know they dont have my size and now i can start thinking, i will be able to walk in that store and just pick something off the rail.
Your before and after photos look fantastic.
Well done on doing so well and being an inspiration to others. :)

salski

I agree Steph. It is a strange journey that our heads take. When I look down I still see a huge belly and still think Im HUGE.
A realisation hit me on Sunday when I saw a wedding pic of me. I looked radiant, and I felt radiant and for the first time...I actually saw what other people see.
It is crazy and I know everyone says it - but they really SHOULD operate on our heads so we can see how far we come in such a short amount of time!
Good for you lass! Bloody good for you!

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Thank you Sally xx
And having seen the pictures Im not suprised you felt radiant, you looked beautiful and so slim.
Steph xx

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
What a lovely post Steph i have no doubt you will acheive your goal and be slim. I have definatly found my haed's journey is definatly much slower than my body's. I was told not by some of my family and friends not to lose anymore weight as i was looking "slim" now. WHATTTT! how weird is that i'm still over weight at 12 stone 6lbs but because anyone that knows me has only ever seen me fat they think i'm slim enough now. Its those alien thoughts and words that send our minds into a spin but Steph you are a lovely person and you will get there, Consider yourself a member of the "head spin group" hee hee XX

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
I really love you guys you know, you are all so bloody wonderful and caring and I just simply love you all xxx
Steph xx

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
That's lovley Steph...what a great post.

Unfortunately I've never been slim (well, only as a child) and really don't think I ever will be. I'll be quite happy at a nice size 14 - 16 which I've never been :)

StephieAck

I know Ive changed!
Never really been slim myself Lisa, even in primary school they had a nurse in weighing me!
You will get there, you WILL be slim xx
Steph xx