• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is it Right!!!!

helen144

Hi All

I am soon to have my gastric bypass and I am excited ans scared as hell!!

I soooooo want to be slim to get out of the fat world I have always known, but I am so scared that I will miss food and that it wont work for me and that it will be just like any other diet and my commitment and drive to succeed will dissapear as usual.

What if i still crave bread and picking at the kids plates and all the other bad bad habits I have , will i be the first ever person to not lose enough weight after having a bypass aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

please reassure

thanks
Helen
xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi helen, i had my bypass 9 weeks ago and so far have not wanted to pick at food, for up to 6 months you might not even feel hungry. The length of time does very per person, and then you might also get head/mental hunger. when this happens the best thing to do is have a drink as a lot of people confuse thirst and hunger feelings

Helen you wont be able to pick off the kids plates because if you pick whilst eating you then cant eat your meal...it WILL make you sick if you eat too much...you will be surprised how much more satisfied you are with food when you have given it a good old chew...before (and sometimes now) I bolt my food like someone is going to snatch it off me, I never tasted it...I think this is why so many peoples tastes change when you chew it you realise you never really liked it....trust what we say there is a fantastic life after bypass surgery and I for one would not say anything that was not true...stop your worrying you will be nice and slim and end up with wrinkles....lol ((hug))...xx

Thanks Charlie girl, its just hard to imagine that i will succeed , I eat all the time now when im not hungry I suppose for too long i think im special and that noone else has my eating habits but of course they must have and also succeed with life after bypass

WRINKLES OMG I DONT WANT THOSE LOL

ill need botox too, this weight loss thing is turning into a cosmetic surgery overhall too lol

Helen
xxxxxx

One bit of advice I would give you dont compare yourself with anyone else....you will end up making yourself miserable...if you see someone romping ahead losing weight and your not dont worry some go slow and steady which I did. You will be fine and when you look back you will wonder what the worry was for...xx

One bit of advice I would give you dont compare yourself with anyone else....you will end up making yourself miserable...if you see someone romping ahead losing weight and your not dont worry some go slow and steady which I did. You will be fine and when you look back you will wonder what the worry was for...xx

Thanks so much, your a gem, sorry havnt been around much, im sure i will be drawing on your wealth of knowledge frequently, you had mr ammori as well didnt you, i see him on thursday so i presume i will get my date then I hope its not too far offxx

hi helen,
i feel exactly the same way. i read the daily menus on here and wonder whether the people posting ever ate much in the first place as i cant imagine me ever being satisfied on such a small amount of food.
at present i could happily eat a hearty meal plus bread and even manage a dessert, could i really be happy with half a ready made meal???? i hope so.
by the way, i also wanted to add that ur avatar picture is gorgeous, ur so so pretty :)

yep, ur the same as me hun.
i have done slimming world many times in the past (along with many other diets) and i ate like a horse on that diet. i did lose weight but always stumbled after losing a few stones.
this is the last chance saloon for me (if i get funding).
im tired of failing all the time and considering quantity is my biggest problem i see wls as my biggest chance ever.

wow, i live in brinnington, near bredbury. lol.
are u going NHS or private?

It's lovely to read other people thinking the same things i have !
I have failed so many times that i too wonder will i even fail with a bypass !
I can read everyone elses success stories and everyone here is extremely supportive but those little doubts still lurk at the back of my mind.
Still, i figure i have nothing to lose by trying !! I am hoping that the thrill of losing lots of weight will be what stops me putting it back on.
You seem focused and determined so i'm sure you will succeed - good luck x x

I was born in cheadle Hulme, my husband is policeman based at Stockport, its a small world, Im having my op on the nhs i get funding from the PCT it only took 2 weeks i was very very lucky and im goin to hope under Mr Ammori, i see him on thursday!!!
ur husband probably spends a lot of time in my area, lol.
did ur gp send u through weight management or directly through to surgery?.
my doctor said she had to go through sending me to a weight management clinic and warned me there is a waiting list and she doesnt know how long i will have to wait :(, i so hate the waiting game.

I had my op 10 weeks ago and as of yet I havent craved anything For me its now a chore to eat I dont even think about food. I used to eat all the time and could eat from the minute I got up till going bed

really omg teen i can never imagine been like that i plan what im having to eat the following day never mind the next meal.

I didnt have to do a weight management even though its in my PCTs criterea (you know when you write something and u now its spelt wrong and cant remember for the life of you hows its spelt well thats what happened there lol)

I wrote a letter to my PCT explaining that i new about portion sizes and nutrition and i listed the dieys i had attended and had tried and i wrote what each diet focuses on i just took that info from there web sites, i basically said weight management is not good for me as i have tried a variety of this b4 just not the NHS one, i also said i feel that this would be a waste of resources (but in a nice way) and that the only option I feel available to me now is WLS as I need a tool to help me with my weight loss.

Helen
xxxxx

omg helen, thats so cool.
so did ur doctor refer u and then u wrote in or did u just write in without a referral.
sorry for all the questions but right now i would do anything to shorten the waiting time as ive found myself getting very low recently which is as a direct result of my weight and also my knees which ive had a problem with for years is now getting so much worse.

Like teen i do not crave food and have to make myself eat, i love food and would happily polish of a cake in a day, or several large packets of chrisps or even a whole family pie as a meal. Then 30 mins later would be looking for something else. The bypass helps you control the need to consume large amounts through the restriction, but it also prepares you by ensuring your not hungery for up to 6 months (unless its mental/head hunger) post-op

omg helen, thats so cool.
so did ur doctor refer u and then u wrote in or did u just write in without a referral.
sorry for all the questions but right now i would do anything to shorten the waiting time as ive found myself getting very low recently which is as a direct result of my weight and also my knees which ive had a problem with for years is now getting so

much worse.

Hi hon

Right I went to see my GP and they sent a referal letter to the PCT to apply for funding i sent my letter with this referal, as i said before i lsted everydiet I had ever been on what the diet was baased on and how i did on the diet, i also wrote a list of all my problems associated with my weight (co morbidities and wrote a bit about them , I also wrote about how my weight effects my everyday life and how i fear that the future is going t o be plagued with ill health and frequent trips to the drs and admissions to hospital, i expressed that I longed to be healthy and that I neede a tool to enable me to do this, i said that this was not a decision i had taken lightley and that i was aware of the risks that were involved and that this was not a means to instant success that would work with the tool to enable me to have a better physical and emotional health.

hope this helps hon

helen
xxxxxx

thanks helen,
uve helped me more than u know.
im gonna go back to docs next week and speak to her about the possibility of doing the same.
thanks again for answering my pestering questions :eek:

Back