• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My journey to WLS (Sharonimo)

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi all,

Just a quick hello (it's 5.47 pm and I'm 17 minutes late in the office due to my new addiction -- this site! :D).

BRIEFLY: referred by GP in January 2011
OPEN DAY: 9 June 2011
1ST APPT: 12 September 2011

Am expecting the operation to be possibly Jan / Feb 2012, a year after initial referral which is what I was advised was the likely timescale.

Prior to the above: all the usual -- you know -- Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conley, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet etc etc ...... 43 years of dieting only to end up fatter and fatter.

(OK, ok, not 43 years of dieting -- probably about 30 years of dieting since I was 13 years old and my mum nagged me about being "podgy".)

Lowest previous weights:

BIRTH ................... 7 lbs (ha ha)
17 years old ........... 12 stone
21 years old ........... 15 stone
40 years old ........... 20 stone + above (now 23½) **

** Maximum weight lost on one previous (almost successful diet) 4 stone ..... which got me down to 17½ stone back in 2007, but the usual creep back up to where I was before happened.

JANUARY 2010 -- diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
JANUARY 2011 -- finally referred for gastric bypass

So it only takes getting MEGA morbidly obese with a BMI above 50 *and* the Type 2 diabetes for a GP to finally listen to me !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MY ONLY REGRET: that I did not push my previous GP's much harder 5 or 10 years ago -- it occurs to me now I could have had the operation when I was in my 30's and possibly reached a "healthy" weight at an age when I could have possibly met a man (been attractive enough and confident enough to attract a man) .... and healthy and fertile enough to have a child.

I now feel that by the time I have the surgery (approaching 44 years old) and reach goal weight (after my 45th birthday) that it will be too late in life to consider getting preggers.

Anyway that would still be putting the cart before the horse as I am still single!

Welcome Sharonimo, and well done for being halfway there!! I too wish I had done this 10 years ago for a load of reasons but hey we are doing it now and who knows what is ahead of us. (ps men are not always as good as they are cracked up to be lol)

Best of luck x

Hello and welcome to this wonderful site which is very addictive lol.
Good Luck with your journey hun lets hope it goes quickly for you:)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ps men are not always as good as they are cracked up to be lol
:8855: :8855: :8855:

I know that .... but we all live in hope that one day we might fine ONE honest, decent, truthful man, don't we? :rolleyes: :D ;) :8855: :D :p

ps men are not always as good as they are cracked up to be lol)
:8855:

Thanks, Big Fat Mama .... yeah i know men are not all good eggs, but we all live in hope that we will one day find ONE good, honest, decent, trustworthy one, don't we? :rolleyes: :D

Back