• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Plastics journey has begun!

Getting plastics funded

• was quick and easy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • was painful but succesful

• was impossible. My application was denied.

• Total voters

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi All, I am 25 months post op. I started my BMI at 66, today I am 29. Now 102 kg's, down from 179. I live in West Midlands and had my op at Walsall Manor. My GP, who is an amazing man, has now referred me for plastics. I may well be a struggle, I don't know. But my doc is really a great guy and knows how to work miracles. First I see the consultant, then funding gets applied. My doc is ready if it's a no decision, he will file aan appeal and has not promised me at all but reckons if get's to that point there are enough contributing factors for me to hopefully get it done.
I would really like to hear your experiences good and bad on getting your plastics funded. Any Dudley/Walsall Manor/ West Mids stories, advice, etc? I am a male btw. I have an apron, a saggy upper bum, chest and top half okay (no moobs) and saggy upper arms. Luckily legs are just great, even if I say so myself. Getting my operation funded, was quite an easy process (and knowing what many have been through to get funding, op dates, etc I am very lucky to say the process was easy). All in all from application to surgery date it was about 17 months. I am hoping, so so hoping that getting my plastics funded, etc will be just as easy.
I want to go in to this with eyes wide open though, so please give me advice on the process, funding, your stories, experience, etc - good and bad.

Thanks all,
Ryan

BTW, this post is just about process, if you have had plastics done, please read my other post asking about the actual surgery
xxxxx

Hi I am only 5 months post bypass and 9 lb away from target I have lost 4 stone 6 lbs so far. I have good legs too, arms aren't horrendous but my poor stomach resembles a let down balloon :( I wasn't sure of the plastics procedure so I visited my GP who was lovely and wanted to refer me, unfortunately I was declined :( :( but on the letter it said that I was declined due to not maintaining for 2 years although I have adequate BMI post surgery and also you need to have other medical issues documenting how the skin is causing medical problems, in order for me to appeal I need new evidence. I have been self medicating my skin problems so from now on I wont be and will be going to the DRs. On a positive though they haven't just said NO so I will try again in 18 mths time. Fingers crossed you get all you want and need to make ur journey complete GOOD LUCK x

Back