• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dancing on AIR - NHS & Plastics

tendersage

Just got back from seeing my GP about a couple of things but while i was there she rattled off a letter into her dictaphone for the PCT to apply for my funding for plastic surgery to deal with all the excess skin i have, she even used words like gross ect how i had turned my health around but needed the plastics to complete my transformation

After looking at the list of cose and book hospitals i am down to charing cross and St Thomas' anyone got info on plastics in either of these please feel free to share you experiences

Am so pleased for u Di u have done so well, i hope this final part of ur journey is a smooth ad quick one xxx

I will let you all know, i am lucky that my Dr already has experience of people who have lost a lot of weight via surgery

Well done Di:D:DMy Doc told me last week there was little chance of me getting a TT on the nhs here, but hey ho:eek:

di my dr said as a word of advice not to refere to it as plastic surger but as reconstructive surgery.
judt in case you have to appeal or go before the panel or anything!

That is so true Carole, my docs have just won an appeal with a patient and they changed all of the letter she wrote originally from plastic and cosmetic to reconstructive surgery and focused on psychological issues not how it looks alone. I was proud of them they treated it a bit like a game to see what they could fit in while still saying the same thing, anyhow she came back approved today but must wait until 1 year post surgery to go on the list which will mean another 18 weeks on top of that.

Good luck Di

M

Great news Di. Will keep my fingers tightly crossed that you get the funding and dont have to wait too long for any surgery. Please keep us posted.

Thanks everyone, i am optimistic because i know my GP will do everything possible to get me the funding, if i do not first time around then ovbviously i will appeal and your right abut it being reconstructive surgery after all my muscles also need sewing back in place. Can't help feeling somewhat high though as not only did my GP turn me down she approved and did not see any reason for me not to get it

I will keep everything crossed for you :O)

xxx

That's excellent news, so pleased for you! :D

After looking at the list of cose and book hospitals i am down to charing cross and St Thomas' anyone got info on plastics in either of these please feel free to share you experiences

If it works in the same way as bariatric surgery you can't use the C&B service. The PCT will have a specific hospital(s) they offer funding to for this type of surgery. It would be worth you enquiring about this first before looking at any hospitals.

Thats great news.
What are you hoping to have done? xx

That is so wonderful!

I am hoping to have as much done as possible, my buttocks fold up underme if i sit without some tight trousers on, it can grab them and shake them lol, tummy is a must as well and hopefully my thighs as i have saggin there as well, she mentions all these in her letter so its a case of lets see what i get.

Good point aboiut funding, i will follow up on it just in case it needs to be in place prior to a hospital even looking at my case

Back