• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Letter from South staffs PCT Re-funding!!

Linski

Hi all,

Went to doctors first thing this morning with tonsilitis and already feeling low. Guess what? GP recieved 'standard' pre generated letter basically saying every patient needs to fit the criteria in particular having to have completed 12 month diet and excercise plan, had counselling and been monitored and exhausted all other diet channels and referred him to an enclosed fact sheet. WTF!!!!!!!!

I am feeling too poorly today to get my head around this although I am really upset about it. The letter my GP did was excellent. He stated my journey as far back as 27 years, listed all the diet pills I have tried, my weight losses and gains. Thyroid problem, depression, arthiritis, and just about everything relevant to my quest for surgery. He said he supported me whole heartedly and felt I was committed to making a bypass work. He felt bthis was the only option left for me after years of exhausting every other avenue, counselling included. Excercise is limited due to arthiritis etc.

When I started this journey it was automatic funding for my BMI and the BOSPA & NICE guidlines were all met with ease. I still meet the criteria as I have a BMI of 52 and sleep apnea which is a co-morbility.

Although they have not actually written they have denied funding, where the hell am I supposed to go from here?????????

My question is....

I am on the waiting list at Walsall Manor after being given the ok by Mr Kendrick. I only asked GP to apply for funding as I was considering going to Derby and funding has to be in place prior to referral.

Shall I appeal OR leave it to Walsall Manor to apply now?

You opinions would be much appreciated.

A very fed up Linski. xxx

Awww Lin... I would definitely appeal for absolute certain.

Look back on the threads here both Lisa and Veronica did excellent appeal letters and went through.

From your stats it seems ridiculous that you are going through this.

Many many people are turned down at first... never ever give up and go for it... eventually the majority succeed and so will you precious.

Love and warm hugs to you Lin as always xxx

Thanks Bev, I will look later or the letters. I know Vron did a good one. Just feeling a little poorly with my throat at the mo. Back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off -typical eh?

Love ya back Bev

Lin xxx

If you are already on the list will this even affect you? I would speak to the hospital and ask their advice. If it does then I would deffinately appeal and Id say you had a good case ..... good luck XX

If you are already on the list will this even affect you? I would speak to the hospital and ask their advice. If it does then I would deffinately appeal and Id say you had a good case ..... good luck XX

Thanks Dotty, I am going to appeal most definatley. Its just so annoying that they don't even seem to have read his letter its jsut a standard letter as he had exactly the same one for another patient who wanted a breast reduction. My GP not happy but to be honest don't resally think they understand the procedure etc as he never applied for funding before and had 2 in a month and recieved identical letters?
xxxxxxxxx

Difficult to advise you hon as it's not really clear what's going on. Firstly, I would just concentrate on getting better; feeling poorly with tonsilitis is no fun and not the time to be making any big decisions.

Secondly, you said 'When I started this journey it was automatic funding for my BMI and the BOSPA & NICE guidlines were all met with ease. I still meet the criteria as I have a BMI of 52 and sleep apnea which is a co-morbility.' From this, like DC says, were you already on the list or not? If you are, then you need to find out categorically whether you have funding in place...I would suggest ringing your PCT to get it straight from the horses mouth, this will at least give you a clearer idea as to your situation. Finally, your Dr sounds excellent, so I would utilise him, go back with the letter you've received and get him fighting your corner too, by chasing things up his end. Definitely appeal if that is the only available course of action...as Bev says, many people get turned down first time.....although like you say, it's not clear if you have been turned down or not. Good luck xxx

Difficult to advise you hon as it's not really clear what's going on. Firstly, I would just concentrate on getting better; feeling poorly with tonsilitis is no fun and not the time to be making any big decisions.

Secondly, you said 'When I started this journey it was automatic funding for my BMI and the BOSPA & NICE guidlines were all met with ease. I still meet the criteria as I have a BMI of 52 and sleep apnea which is a co-morbility.' From this, like DC says, were you already on the list or not? If you are, then you need to find out categorically whether you have funding in place...I would suggest ringing your PCT to get it straight from the horses mouth, this will at least give you a clearer idea as to your situation. Finally, your Dr sounds excellent, so I would utilise him, go back with the letter you've received and get him fighting your corner too, by chasing things up his end. Definitely appeal if that is the only available course of action...as Bev says, many people get turned down first time.....although like you say, it's not clear if you have been turned down or not. Good luck xxx

Thanks Angie, I am going to leave it today and get my head around it all tomorrow and make a few phone calls to establish where to go next.

Lin xxxx

Awww sorry to first of all hear that you are not well. Also to here that you are having to go through this awful worry of wondering whether are not you are on the list for surgery.

I really do feel for you lovey and i sincerly hope that it gets sorted out in your favour soon.

Get well soon xxx

Rest and get your throat better Lin.... since you have to be back in work as well tomorrow, this is the last thing you need.

I'm hoping it an administrative oversight if you are already on the list... take a deep breath... get yourself feeling well and we are all behind you if you are set for a challenge precious... I know everyone is thinking of you Lin....

A humungous hug is right on it's way to you so make sure you are sitting down Angel!

Love you xxx

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I think Angie's advice is spot on. Get yourself well, get the right information and then get ready for a fight if you need to.
Loads of love
JO XX

Sorry to hear about your funding. Tonsilitis is awful, so get yourself better first and then you will be able to tackle things properly.

As Bev says, it could be an administrative error, if not there are lots of people here to help you appeal.

I`m afraid I don`t have any answers but wanted to send you get well wishes and I hope you manage to get the funding sorted Xxx

Sounds like you are on list for one,need to clarify though.And the other may need more definative info,actual weightloss clinic attendance etc.I had to do this before funding would be considered.Takes forever,I havent seen a surgeon yet and been at it since August 08!Maz x

Please get well soon Lin. Then find out for sure if you need to appeal. You may well not need to at all. Don't get upset before you need to pet.
Grace xxx

Back