• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

After hours of violent vomiting I ended up back in hospital. I lost my NJ tube and had to undergo surgery to have it reinserted. I came home yesterday night after spending Thursday night in hospital. Again, I do not believe in coincidences; I believe that I ended up in hospital on that day for a reason. There were some revelations made regarding my care.

Folks, when we are scared we tend to keep quiet and "go with the flow". We trust those in the know (they are the experts after all) and so many times we stop ourselves from speaking up because we don't want to be seen as difficult or uncooperative.

If you have the slightest doubt about any part of your journey, please let it be known. Take notes, take along a witness/moral support to your appointments if you feel the need to and ask questions, as many as you feel necessary. Don't let anyone bamboozle you with medical jargon or speak so quickly that you don't understand; ask them to repeat and/or explain a point until you are satisfied. Don't worry about making them late for their next patient or their lunch break. I am not saying you need to be rude or coarse but this is no time to be timid or let the excitement of your upcoming surgery daze you.

I have my voice now...

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I am just so happy to be home (once again). I am doing well, a bit tender in the throat and tired but well. xxx

Last edited:
Gee ,your really going thru the grinder .glad to see your back home in the loving arms of your very beauiful family
Your very right in speaking up its something I do if I dont get it I make them explain it till I do afterall its my health im asking about so his/ her fag/ dinner break can wait
All the best in your recovery x

This too shall pass. And then there will be...

Counselling of some kind! I told my psychologist that I was living this for a reason, she asked what that reason was. I told her that I truly believed I was meant to help someone/people who have suffered as I have, or those dealing with food addiction or other kinds of eating disorders. She agreed wholeheartedly, apparently she has thought this of me many times. I can't tell you how this thought has comforted me.

More writing and a course to help me improve my skills!

Baby number 4! I have thought about this for months now but I obviously need to get well first. There are now so many ladies up the duff on this site and on my Facebook friends list that my broodiness has gone into overdrive!! :D

Competing in amateur swimsuit or Body Fitness competitions! I have found a lady who trains females for just this. I am very competitive and instead of trying to beat my husband at things (he is a sore loser :8855:) this is ideal. Besides, I want a fun way to exercise. No more workouts infront of the
television for me!!

Oh and in other news...I threw my set of scales away! I cannot tell you how good it feels not to be mentally chained to those numbers. My breathing literally became lighter once it left the house.

Last edited:
you are AMAZING ! for one going thru so much and still a "half full not half empty" person the light just shines out of you
im so happy to have you as a cyber friend x

you are AMAZING ! for one going thru so much and still a "half full not half empty" person the light just shines out of you
im so happy to have you as a cyber friend x

So are you lady! I have been reading your mammoth thread; you should be so proud of all you have achieved these last few months. Happy birthday once again!!

Thank you my love. xx

I have just read your entire thread and have such admiration for you. Stay strong and good luck, with your attitude you will get there! xx

Keep Going

Sorry to hear you have had problems with your NJ, I also vomited 2 out - not pleasant! Happy to hear you are home again and your team have a plan regarding how long you will have the tube for.
I'm just about managing most days to get nearly a ltr of fluids in, feel rough on the days I don't :sigh:.

I have had lots of tests - MRI, CT, X rays, OGD, Barium follow through. The only thing I haven't had is a barium swallow but there were concerns I wouldn't be able to drink enough barium & my surgeon said my stomach looked ok when he did the OGD to put the NJ in.

I'm a health professional which I am so grateful for in this situation as I know which questions to ask and how to make sure I have all the investigations I need / see all the right people. Have to say my team have been great all the way through this and I think are as frustrated as I am that they cannot find a cause.

Hope you have an uneventful week, take care.

Tassie, my surgeon looked at me as if I had made the vomiting story up! So your tube goes into your intestine too? You don't have an NG tube do you?

Now they have taken the feeding tube, out are you able to eat at all?

I wish I could say my week was uneventful. LOL! I have a new surgeon and the plan has changed yet again. I have more tests and more waiting ahead of me.

What they have told me is this (and it may be something you could mention to your team)...

After WLS there is a hormone in the gut (PYY) that may go through the roof. It is responsible for telling us we are full, making us stop eating and/or vomit if we have food poisoning and so on. Those who are obese don't have much of it which is why they are obese and those who are slim have the right amount- generally speaking.

It is there thought that my PYY is sky high! I did have this test before but it was inconclusive but what they did manage to see was that the PYY in my saliva was very high. So its a sign. This would explain why I am always sick. If this is so, there is a way to block or reduce this hormone.

Last edited:
You are doing well apositive, i hope they find the answer soon, its awful to feel poorly and not know why.

Its funny what springs to mind...

When I went down for my Endoscopy I remember the Anaesthetist giving me my muscle relaxant and then telling me that I was too low down on the theatre table. I needed to move up but obviously as I couldn't, they would take care of it. He explained that they would pull me up the table using the sheet that covered it. "One, two, three, lift...."

Let me tell you how excited I was at the prospect of being lifted and not having to deal with the embarrassment of backs breaking or sweat beading all over their brows! Ha! I remember smiling and thinking, "Whoo, they lifted me and I am as light as a feather"!!

10 stone loss, despite all that has happened throughout my journey I will never regret it.

Last edited:
that must be a great feeling! I dream about been lifted up like they do in chick flick movies ,swung around in the air or even carried in someone arms....oh gosh did I say that out loud!

You did indeed! Ha!!

But we all have our dreams. Tell me, who is the guy doing all the carrying and swinging? Are you a David Beckham or Idris Elba kinda gal?

HE IS!!!!! I can't cope! Haa!

had to fan myself at the thought of idris ! only seen him once at a club in west London where he was the guest d j the place was full of skinny minnies all about 19 years old all shouting his name ....and me at the back! he does have a d j face book page
others that light my fire
Michael Ealy(in Beyonce video halo )
Tyson beckford
Colin Salmon to name a few
my day dreams are lovely !

I love any man with a beard and tattoos which is odd as my husband has neither! :8855:

Be consoled, his significant other is quite curvy; he has no eye for skinny minnies! Tee hee!

Tyson Beckford... Mmmmm I used to love Jay Z but he's not aging too well! My other half (God knows for how much longer, but that's another story) looks a bit like Idris but without the tattoos - this is the reason I put up with him most of the time!

Stacey, how are you doing? When are you going in to have your next procedure? xx

I'm doing ok, sticking to mainly soft food which seems to be easier to process with far less regurgitation! I'm in as day stay on Friday 12 September, hopefully that will sort me out for good. :)

When's your next appointment? That hormone possibility sounds promising, what are your next steps? Xx

Back