• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Ramblings...

Hi Alex,

So sorry to hear of your hard day and the blow out that's come with it. I tried Bulimia as a teenager but was no good at it, can relate to the stuffing yourself, throwing up, starting again all too well. It's strange isn't it how society thinks of eating disorders as anorexia and bulimia but obesity is just lazy fat people! That's something I've never understood... Food is just as addictive as drugs and alcohol and I'd pick a cream cake over a glass of wine hands down, I guess that's why I,ended up needing bariatric surgery.

Your positive attitude, honesty, bravery and vulnerability is amazing and you have so much inner strength. It's great you're getting support from your Facebook friends, that you have a family get together to attend, your kid's on holidays and your appointment for tests. So much positivity in your life and I really wish you all the best and hope that you feel better soon and are able to resolve your eating and be free of food thoughts for good.
X

Well my dears I am all booked in for an Endoscopy tomorrow. I need to be at the hospital for 7am but I have arrange hospital transport to collect me as I do not have the strength to get the train.

They have told me that if they cannot find a reason for my issues that they can fix there and then, I will be given a nasal feeding tube.

I am not sure why but I am more nervous about this than the Sleeve operation. In fact, I WAS uber excited about having my Sleeve done!

I will check in and let you know I am doing tomorrow evening. xx

Just been reading through been little while since I read your post good luck with everything tomorrow and if the only solution left is the nasal tube then so be it, you will still be alive and living your life anything new is difficult more so when there is little or no choice left. After a few hard weeks maybe just maybe you can come to some peace within yourself. We are here for you just sometimes there is nothing for us to say that can change anything for you but never forget we are thinking of you even when we are quiet, its not because we don't care take lovely lady xx

Thanks guys.

They have talked about performing a Bypass as a last resort to see if that will help settle things. I know if a lady who suffered as I did (just as I did) until her stomach was ravaged due to all the vomiting. A bypass was performed and all her symptoms abated. I never wanted a Bypass but right now I am very open to the idea if it means things will settle down.

Thinner, what do you think?

Last edited:
A few days of feed and I am feeling much better so my bolshy thoughts on surgery have returned. I don't want any more.... next week when I've not got nutrition I could change my opinion....

Well, your team of professionals do know best and I would think about agreeing. But you know you best. Personally I don't think that if you have a sleeve or a bypass would improve your situation, your issue seems to be at the top end of your plumbing and swallowing. Why would changing your stomach be any different.

But if you do get tube feed, then the pressure of just having to keep trying to eat is lifted and that is just an absolute relief. It would give your body a rest.

So current thoughts from me are no bypass (malabsorption), but yes to the nasal tube (however unpleasant it is).

Hope all goes well tomorrow and get the full sedation :)

wishing all the very best for your up coming appointment
keep us updated on how it goes x

Well my dears I am all booked in for an Endoscopy tomorrow. I need to be at the hospital for 7am but I have arrange hospital transport to collect me as I do not have the strength to get the train.

They have told me that if they cannot find a reason for my issues that they can fix there and then, I will be given a nasal feeding tube.

I am not sure why but I am more nervous about this than the Sleeve operation. In fact, I WAS uber excited about having my Sleeve done!

I will check in and let you know I am doing tomorrow evening. xx

All the best for tomorrow hun.... hope all works out...Keep us posted...
xx

Hi, I just read this whole thread just now. The best of luck, and I hope a solution can be found for you. Your story proves again that weight loss surgery is not the easy solution. Keep us posted X

Hope all goes well, I personally would have a bypass rather than a nasal tube, that just sound awful, good luck with what ever you decide, we are all praying for a good solution xx

Thinking of you today Alex, wishing you all the best and a positive outcome. Please keep us posted X

Hi guys and thank you.

I am still I hospital. The endoscopy showed that my stomach has twisted which would explain everything. I have my feeding tube in which will be left in to build me up for the next stag3 of my journey; a bypass. This is the only way to fix it.

Hi guys and thank you. I am still I hospital. The endoscopy showed that my stomach has twisted which would explain everything. I have my feeding tube in which will be left in to build me up for the next stag3 of my journey; a bypass. This is the only way to fix it.

Oh Hun I'm glad they found the problem, just a shame it's not an easily fixable one :-( how are you feeling about it all? A bypass in what sense? What do they have to do? Will this fix all your problems? Xx

Good news they found something and have a plan to fix it :). Enjoy the tube feeding, you will start to feel better once you are getting the calories dripped in to you. How long to surgery?

Oh Hun! Thank god they have found the reason!! And good news they are going to fix it! xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Sending you loads of love and positive thoughts. I am so thrilled for you, it must be such a relief to know what's wrong and that it can be fixed. X

So glad you know your not going mad and there is a reason and it can be fix, just take it easy and get fit for the next stage.

Good luck

kate x

Back