• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My recipes

WeightlossDreamer

Chicken 'fried rice'
This recipe should make 2-3 servings.
For this recipe you will need:
1/2 head of cauliflower,
1/2 lb of chicken,
4 spring onions,
2-3 tbsp soy sauce,
4 minced cloves of garlic,
2 eggs,
1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrots,
salt to taste.

Grate half a head of cauliflower using a cheese grater. Cook the chicken, (grill/slow cook however you like)
Put 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and heat. Once heated add the garlic, then the cauliflower. Add the spring onion, soy sauce and veg.
Stir well, so all ingredients are incorporated together. Move all mix to one side of your frying pan.
In the other half of the pan scramble the eggs. Once cooked mix with the 'rice'.
Add the chicken and serve.

Each portion has 270cals and 25grams of protein. x

WeightlossDreamer

Slow cooked pork fillet with chinese chilli bean sauce
This is a recipe i have made up and will be trying for dinner tonight. It smells good so hope it tastes as good as it smells! I've worked out the calories and everything too.

You will need 500g of pork fillet (100g per serving)
2tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp clear honey
1tbsp chilli bean sauce
1tsp sesame oil
Chinese 5 spice (a sprinkling of)

To make this meal you will need to sear the pork fillet in a frying pan using fry light. Transfer seared fillet into your slow cooker.
Smother the pork with the honey, soy sauce, chilli bean sauce and sesame oil. Sprinkle over some chinese five spice and leave to cook!
Easy peasy!

500g should make 5 servings

Cals 182.4
Protein 22.82g
Fat 8.38g
Carbs 1.02g

Serve with riced cauliflower or fritters.

I did have this for dinner tonight and its beautiful! Whilst carving the pork reduce the sauce in a pan on the hob! Makes a lovely sticky sauce. Quite spicy mind!

WeightlossDreamer

Slow cooker balsamic chicken!
you will need:
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp pepper
4 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
24 oz chicken breast
1 tbsp chopped parsley

Combine the first 5 dry spices in a bowl. Spread over the chicken on both sides. Pour the olive oil and garlic on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken on top. Pour balsamic vinegar over the chicken. Cover and cook for four hours on low.

This recipe should make 8 serves at 133cals, 17g protein, 5g fat.

WeightlossDreamer

Courgette Fritters

1 medium courgette
2 eggs beaten
3 tbsp flour
Salt and pepper to season.

Heat a tbsp of oil in a frying pan or use fry light. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and season.
Place 2-3 tbsp of mix in the pan. Cook for a minute or two on each size. To make smaller fritters reduce the size of the spoonfulls. Also for a dryer mix use less egg.

You can use this recipe and adapt it to suit your tastes. I've made chili courgette fritters and sweetcorn fritters too using the same recipe.

A.Positive

Thank you so much!

WeightlossDreamer

Chicken salad bake:

You will need:
4 cups of cooked chicken
1 sweet red pepper
1/2 cup of sliced water chesnuts,
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms,
1/4 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of reduced fat salad dressing (i was naughty and used mayo)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup of soft breadcrumbs
1tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup reduced fat chedder cheese

Cook and slice the chicken into chunks. Place in a large bowl. Add the red pepper, water chesnuts, mushrooms, and onions. Stir well.

In a second bowl mix the salad dressing, garlic and pepper. Mix with the other ingredients. Place in an oven dish. Bake for 30 mins or until golden. Add the cheese breadcrumbs and place back in the cooker until golden.

WeightlossDreamer

Green monster smoothie:
You will need:
1 banana roughly chopped,
4-5 strawberries,
1/2 cup blueberries,
1 small peach,
1 heaped cup of fresh spinach,
A splash of milk,
1 tbsp of greek yoghurt,
2 tsp honey,
1/2 cup of crushed ice.

Place in a blender and blend until smooth! This is yummy!

WeightlossDreamer

They are delish i love them, you can either make them a bit runny n have sort of veg pancakes or do a dryer mix so theyre quite crispy!

WeightlossDreamer

Mixed veg soup:

You will need:
Fry light,
2 crushed garlic cloves,
5 cups of vegetable stock,
1 sliced carrot,
1 diced onion,
1/2 courgette diced,
1/4 cup of chopped cabbage,
1 cup of green beans,
1/4 head of cauliflower chopped,
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano.

Heat the saucepan and add the oil. Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook for five minutes. Add all the other ingredients apart from the courgette.

Bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the courgette and cook till tender.

When i did this recipe i didnt have green beans so used butter beans instead was super yummy! Kept me going on liquids.

Val

Committed Weight Loser
Thank you very much Kirstie, it was kind of you to post this thread xxxxx

Some lovely sounding recipes there... thank you. I'm into soft food on Thursday so getting closer to being able to try some of these x

WeightlossDreamer

Home made Chilli pots

This is a recipe i got from the hairy dieters cookbook. I have since lost the book so have adapted the recipe from what i can remember.

I used approx 350g lean beef mince
half an onion chopped
handful of button mushrooms chopped,
A dash of worcestershire sauce
As much chilli powder as you can handle i used 1.5 tea spoons,
A beef stock cube
Boiling water

For the pots i used tesco light choices tortillas
Salad to garnish.

Firstly fry off your onion until golden using fry light, and add your mushrooms. This is a very loose recipe you can add whatever veg you like really.
Then in the same pan add your mince, break it up whilst it is frying using some wooden spoons. Season and once browning add the beef stock cube, a dash of worcestershire sauce and your boiling water to create a stock. Also add your chilli powder.

Whilst you leave your chilli to simmer and form a dryer thicker consistensy wprk on your 'pots'

Take as many tumbler sized glasses as required for your portions, my recips worked out at about 3 portions. Grease them using fry light. Carefully wrap the tortillas over the top of the tumblers to form a 'pot' shape. Apply some pressure using your hands so they dont just flap out again if that makes sense. Spray the outside of the 'pots' with frylight place them on a baking tray in the oven and cook until they are crispy/done enough for you!

And thats it all thats left is to take your pots out of the oven, they should have held their shapes, decant the chilli into the pots and garnish with salad. I also added a teaspoon of light garlic and herb philli onto the top of my chilli because it was pretty spicy!

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpg
    IMG_0919.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 130

carrieb

Happy Bypasser
Chilli pots look yummy - going to try them at weekend, thank you :)

slimpip

Weightloss dreamer your recipes sound amazing, and even though i've been sleeved, the recipes transfer perfectly (athough I'm still on liquids at the moment haha). Pleaseeee keep posting if you come up with anything else, they are soooo useful to the culinarily uninspired as myself xx

Salliebeth

These recipes sound lovely weight loss dreamer!!! I am making out my shopping list now to try some!!! Thanks!! I'm 1 month post sleeve as of yesterday, so can't wait to try some new things!!!! Love sal xxx

WeightlossDreamer

aww thanks guys! gonna have to get me cooking hat back on and get some stuff made! i made sloppy joe when i was onto softs i found it on spark people the recipe was lovely! x