• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my story so far n how i got here ....

debi71

Hi,
let me begin, I am 36 yrs old, and my current weight is 16stone 12lbs.
I'm currently awaiting a date for my bypass surgery, I was given funding by the pct in july, saw my lovely consultant in september and awaiting to see the dietician in december, so hopefully next year i can start a new life.
I havent always been a big person, i was always small but gained weight when i had my last 2 children 10 months apart, my weight stayed around 13.5 stones, my now ex husband always made remarks regarding my weight along with others about oo the full moon is out, if i bent over, i laughed along witht he rest of them, but deep down it hurt.
Then in september 2001, i broke my foot and had to use those dreaded crutches, for the life of me i just couldnt get to grips with them, so this resulted in me crawling on the floor, the last hurtful remark my ex husband gave me was 'if you wasnt fat, you would be able to use them.
This really did hurt my feelings and decided that night i was going to divorce him.
Finally a year later i was free, i asked him to move out, which he did eventually, the process was awful, and the name calling and the belittling of me in public by him to anyone who would listen was awful, but I came out stronger.
I lost 3.5 stone in weight, i didnt try, it just fell off, and god did i have fun, i got my life back and i intended to make the most of it, and that i did.
so bet your thinking if you lost the weight why did you put it back on??? I have asked myself that for the last 3 yrs.
well i got into a relationship with a man, wasn't really nothing that serious, so i thought, until he went off with another woman, who was older than myself, ooops...
yes confidence took a huge nosedive.
So I decided, i was going to put the weight back on, as no other man was ever going to hurt me again, which i have done, and now im the suffering.
Apart from having polycystic ovaries, which makes losing weight difficult, im also on the boundries for diabete's and without going into too much detail get the side affects.....
and also some will say size doesnt matter, when liking a man they do see your weight as a problem, not all men but some, they cant see my ace personality or humour some just look n think oo fat bird.... n just wont entertain you.
Im not doing this to get a man, i want my body back, i want to go into shops and not shy away from the clothes or feel embarrassed going into evans.
So that is why i am on this journey of awaiting a bypass, and 2009 can be the start of something new, a new slimmer Debi, I will still be me outgoing,talkative, opinionated, but will just be slimmer.
I will keep you all updted with any new developments,

i wish you all the luck in the world babe men have alot to answer for! i spent 6yrs being beaten up and put on weight i think pyschologicly to protect myself from it , next year is gona be a good one for all of us kepp us posted x

Hi Debi,

Sounds like you've been through a tough few years, but it's great that you recognise the causes of your weight problems, it will help you hugely on your journey.

Hope you get the date soon.

Shel

Good luck with your journey! x

Hi and welcome to minis. sounds like things have been tough for you. good luck on your weight loss journey and keep us posted x

Thankyou peeps,
how do i add tickers n things, or do i need to upgrade?? as i cant view peoples pics either xx

Lots of things on here have minimum post counts to access them, so its just a case of being active and posting more :)

See you've got the ticker sussed though :D

Back