• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

here is my bypass story

pinkladyMK

chatterbox!!
hi everyone
here we go

i got to the whittington on 27th april at 7am t get ready for my op, get checked in and found out i was 3rd to go down so had a long long long long wait.
everyone came round as they do blood, check everything then my surgeon came round to see how i was got me to sign form etc, then came the big weigh in, im stood there sh*tting myself and before i got on the scales he said to me i hope u haven't been cheating cos i will be able to tell. so that made me more nervous even though i hadn't cheated at all i was a good girl for once.
I got on the scales and the nurse said to me that's 2 stone u have lost!!!
i screamed i said are u sure i couldn't believe it i was in shock, but my surgeon was very happy with me and said see ya soon and left.
I think we sat about 5 hours then the nurse said my name....................that was it i was crying and couldnt stop! it was my turn, it had finally arrived, the thing ive been waiting and praying to hurry up was here and i was so scared i didnt know wot to do. the nurse closed the curtain and said let me know when ur ready. i stood there looking at my hubby and couldnt say anything he helped me get changed and we stood there just starring at each other ( god im crying now just writing about it) he said "u ready baby?" i nodded and walked out to the nurse. We made our way to the surgery as we got to the lift my hubby had to say bye which was so hard, the hardest thing ive ever had to do i kissed him waved bye and went into the lift.
that was it i wasnt thinking or feeling anything just walking with the nurse and answering anything they asked me, i went into the room where they were gonna operate on me got myself on to the bed with the legs things so not a nice position!!! the anaesthetic doc came to tell me wot was going off etc, my surgeon waved hello to me and then they went to put the mask over my face as they did that im saying "wot time is it, wot time is it please? " they answered me by saying "2.23pm natalie it will all be over soon just relax" then i said" i will as long as u make sure i wake up" and that was it i was gone.

Next thing i remember coming round as they wheeled me in my bed to critical care unit and asking "wot time is it?" (god knows why i had the time n my mind lol) my LOVELY nurse said it 5.13pm and that was it i was awake and couldnt get back to sleep.
they got me sorted to my place and got me hooked up to all the machines which drove me mad. i tried and tried but couldnt so sat there talking to my nurse most of the night lol. the morphine was driving me crazy i wanted it gone i wasnt in pain just uncomfortable and didnt wanna use it so didnt see the point in it being there, my lovely nurse bless her went to ask if i could have it out and they said if i havent used it by tomorrow lunchtime they would take it out! better than nothing i guess. My 3 babies phoned me to make sure i was ok i cried so much when i heard their voice's, my middle one came on the phone and said " Mummy are u there?" i said "yes baby im here" he then screamed and shouted " see mummy u didnt die!!" i couldnt stop laughing then bless him
i was drinking and drinking and drinking or should i say sipping and sipping and sipping loads lol i was so thirsty. by the morning i got a new nurse who was even lovelier she made everything so easy she was amazing. by 11am i wanted the morphine out and i wanted to try to go the loo myself too so she went and had a word and got the ok!! all the nurses were well shocked at how well i was doing but its just like my surgeon said everyone is different.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO i was well happy.
she had to do the loo first to make sure i wasnt in any pain as i got up which i wasnt!! top stuff. i went for a wee which was sooo good lol and got back to my bed and she was there waiting to take my morphine out i loved her so much.
I got her to check for me how long i was in the op and it was 2 hrs 35 minutes which was brill.
the pain team came round to see me took one look at me and said i guess u dont need us then lol.
i was ready to go home but had to wait till the morning to see a doc to say i could go but as soon as i spotted him i jump on him and said i wanna go please and had a look at my paperwork asked if i was in an pain i said no none and he said fantastic off ya go!

woooohooooo i was going home and couldnt wait to see my babies i had missed them so much.

I got home chilled out for the day and loved just being home.
then next day we went out which i maybe shouldnt of but i felt fine and was in no pain so i went for it we were out about 3 hrs when we got back i was fine in no pain just really tired.

day 4 after op i came off all the painkillers as i wasnt needing them and was getting round fine.

so here we are 11 days post op and feeling fantastic and cant wait to see the new me and start my new slimmer life.

So thats my story i know it sounded really easy but its not and everyone is different so please dont just go by my story, i just hope it helped someone a little bit in there journey

thanks for spending the time to read my story so far and i look forward to seeing all the stories to come

love from natalie xxxx

Great readying your story Natalie. Glad you were pain free.

Just remember to take it easy and don't do too much x

Natalie, thank you so much for your positive post. I know everyone is different in how they deal with their ops, but as mine is due in July, I am getting extremely nervous and wondering if I am doing the right thing, which I am sure is what everyone has felt at some point before their ops.
Really hope you are recovering well, and are still painfree. Please keep up your diary, as I will follow it with great interest. Thank you again for the post. Hugs xx

Mine is due in 2 weeks and although I'm nervous I can't wait. So glad you had a good experience !

Rose

Mr El-Hasani is absolutely brilliant. And the nurses on Surgical 7 are sooooo lovely and caring. Lots of luck for the beginning of the rest of your life. 6 months ago that was me, and now I have lost over 6 stone. x

Mr El-Hasani is absolutely brilliant. And the nurses on Surgical 7 are sooooo lovely and caring. Lots of luck for the beginning of the rest of your life. 6 months ago that was me, and now I have lost over 6 stone. x

That's soooo reassuring, thanks !! I'm due to go into Farnborough for mine on the 18th... not long now !! :eek::eek:

Rose

Hi Natalie, what a great read, i actually cried!!, i'm pre op not sure of a date yet, lately i've seen all different stories some of them have got me qute worried but i know everyone is different & like Jan said am going through different sorts of emotions, am i doing the right thing etc, but your story has given me some hope :D

Thanks for sharing your story Natalie, I'm glad you had such a positive experience. Is Mr Sufi your surgeon?

My surgery is only a couple of weeks away now so as you can imagine it's cheered me up no end hearing how well everything went for you :D

I cant really add more than the others but I thank you for being so honest and sharing your experience.

yay glad all went well hun, take it easy and well done x

For some reason I've only just come across your story Natalie. It was great to read though and I'm so glad it went well for you. Looking forward to seeing a lovely slim you one day soon at a meeting x

Thank you for your story. I am also with Mr Sufi and can't wait for my op, even I have not had a date yet.

Good luck and thanks again for words of encouragement.

Thanks for sharing your story, I'm sure it will help ease a lot of peoples worries
Amazing that you were up-and-about so soon.
Good luck

Back