• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nasy taste in mouth & constant wind

amanda577

I had my bypass on the 9th of August and so far so good. Have started on the runny liquid stage, but the last 2 days I have got the most awful taste in my mouth all the time, and I am constantly burping and even hiccoughing!! Just wondered if this was fairly normal for ones tummy to feel so upset all the time, and if anyone else experienced this?? It feels like I don't know my body at all at the moment! It is reacting in the most strangest of ways...

Hi, i had that taste it was as if i had chewed on a dirty old coin! Not nice but it will soon pass xxx

Hi my daughter says I have milk breath, I am aware that it isnt the best but continue to brush my teeth regularly to try and keep it to a minimum, recently went to the dentist but he never said anything, n I told him bout my op and that I am 1 yr post now and it was my check up Explained bout the Adcal tablet and my teeth are looking fine so thats good. I think the hiccuping and burping is just trapped win dwhen we eat, sometimes we eat too fast and we have to slow down again. Sometimes if we have eaten too much youget them as well, my tummy still gurgles ll the time reall loug gurgling noises which people canhear, small price to pay suppose for this wonderful chance of a lighter life xx

Hi ya, I have this too, and really bad breath if I don't clean my teeth after every meal, and I am still really windy too, not just burping either, which is not pleasant, but I believe it's all part of the healing process.
Xx

Yeah I had the bad breath all the time in the beginning and still get it now if I don't eat regularly. I think it's ketosis, it makes your mouth feel terrible and happens when you eat low carb low calorie diets. The good news it can give you energy, takes away hunger and means you are burning fat. The best thing to do is to keep brushing a lot and the occasional sugar free mint might help but be careful with those if your stomach also feels upset. I had that a lot in the early weeks. I spoke to my surgeon about it and he said some people have it as they heal. Make sure you stay hydrated and it will eventually calm down. It's all normal and you will eventually get use to your new body. It's just a bit like being a new born again, with new insides. It all take time but you will get there :) x

Lisa J, just noticed that we've had the same surgeon, Mr El-Hassani, brilliant guy, but tell me, did you ever see him smile?
Lol
Xxx

my o/h had mr el-hassani too at chelsfield last october she said he's a very nice man ...........and yes he smiled (maybe that was for the private patients) :D:D:D:D:D

Thank you for the reassurance guys!! Must admit wasn't really prepared for feeling so sick all the time, and the bad breath and nasty taste is pretty awful, but knowing that so many other people are experiencing it does make me feel better.. As you say chrisa it really all is a small price to pay for a whole new me.. xxx

thanks emma.. I am going to the doctors tomorrow to ask for some anti nausea tablets. Didn't want to, but it has got to the point when it is too unpleasant, so will take them for a short while if he will give them to me. xxx

Back