• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need B12 4 months post op

Perissa

I had a blood test on Wednesday as I have been feeling very tired and I got home this evening to find a letter from my GP saying I need a course of B12 injections.

I spoke with a dietition and she said that she has never heard of anyone becoming deficient so soon after surgery so its likely that I was deficient before surgery.

So I can't help wondering why don't the routinely check beforehand, with people facing this kind of surgery.

sorry can't help as I am pre op but didn't want to read and run. I have heard though B12 deficency is quite common and can happen at any time post op.

I had a blood test for it last (mentioned in another of my posts somewhere)...I have really bad pins and needles in my hands, which started mildly before surgery but has really increased. Mr Ammori said it could be lack of vit B12 but it was a bit early. I am just over 4 months post op..my results should be back any day now so will let you know. I suppose if a persons levels are not checked before surgery it could just escalate it. At least you have found out now and can get it sorted....xx

hi perissa i was told by my doc that i should have a vit b12 shot every 3 month's i had mine about a month ago it felt like it had given me a bit of a boost hope that helps

Back