• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need b12 injections

claudia24

hoping to be a mummy soon
well i saw kath today at the spire and she gave me my result from my last lot of blood work ad she said my b12 is low, so she is gonna write to my doctor and im to ring up towards end of next week to see him about coming and getting them.

good thing am not scared of needles lol

Reactions: Bev
they aren't painful anyway, tiny needle in your arm once every 3 months, although if they are low your GP might want to do a bunch of them to get it back up followed by 3 monthly ones afterwards.

That's wat kath sed, I have one every week for 3 weeks then every month or every 3 months. Lol not sure, got a memory like a gold fish.

what is vit b12 for, and what type of foods can we get it from, i think im def run down, but havent been tested for that yet. hugs x

Post bypass you can't absorb b12 from food or tablets, which is why most surgeons recommend 3 monthly injections for life. A deficiency can be serious, leading to Pernicious Anaemia, Megaloblastic Anaemia, and at worst, irreversible nerve damage and psychosis.

omg, thank you shel, i knew there was a problem with b12, but didnt know it was that serious. its a good job we;ve got you here, you are a font of all knowledge, thank you again huni, im at the hospital tomorrow and i think they said i would need a blood test while im there. if you are deficiant, do they contact you or do they just wait till you go back for your next appt, of which ive no idea how long that will be. hugs x

My appointment seem to b every 3months, I ad my blood done in may n they told me yesterday, although kath did say she sent the results yo my docs, but ny docs are stupid lol.

ah right, so if i were to ring my gp after a about a month, then if there was a problem, i could sort it out from there. thanks claudia, i feel a bit better now. hugs dawny x

A wls friend of mine at the same gp as me was told by him a short while ago we need one every 3 months, when your bodies stocks get low it is hard to get them back up again. I'm not waiting for my bloods, next month i'll be asking my gp for my jab and again 3 months later....

Good luck Claudia, am very pleased you are not a needle phobe..... Remember to keep your levels topped up when you finish this course xx

Claudia, what an amazing weight loss... great to see your progress... I wouldn't hesitate to have the B12 injections and expect it to be a probability.
So good to hear other's views and anything that helps and makes a difference is certainly a positive move forward.

Much love to you and sending a huge hug to you xxx

Do you get an instant boost Rybens after the injection or is it more subtle... I always feel tired if I don't take iron...
Much love xxx

My B12 injections made my arm go dead, its ok though, only lasts for five minutes and then its back to normal.
I asked the nurse last time why it hurts so much and she said it is because it is quite viscous, so it just stings some people. The needle wasnt so small either!!! But that last nurse was so gentle with me.
On my six month checks I was found to have very high B12 levels and so the 6 monthly injections have been suspended for now, the levels will be checked again at 12 months and if I need to start back on the injections then they will do so at that point.
Steph xx

When i first started having them i was so tired i was falling asleep loads id just sit in a chair after work and be out for the count straight away lol after i had the first batch of b12 i just felt back to my normal self which was great. I know now when im due a jab because about 3 weeks prior i get tired again but not as bad as before.

Thanks very much girls... I shall hope to just take it in my stride along with everything else... I'm sure you feel so much better though for keeping up with these, a lack of iron is very debilitating... great to hear from you and much love xxx

I find I start to get really cold when I am due mine, its like a subtle reminder!

That is a good reminder Shell, that feeling of being cold when you blood needs the B12... thank you xxx

Back