• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B12 injections

Sambucca

Hi all,

Its been a long time since I started a thread asking for advice! I hope everyone is doing well.

At almost three years out, my B12 is low and I am about to have my first B12 injection today.

Can I ask those of you who have had low B12 (as opposed to those of you who's team routinely give B12 injections anyway) How often did your doctor recommend you had an injection, and was there any "loading dose" given?

Lots of conflicting advice on the internet, so I thought I would ask you knowledgeable folk on here.

Thank you :)

i had low b12 i was given 6 loading doses over a 2/3 week period and my next one will be in 3 months time

I was 3 per week for 2 weeks and then 1 every 3 months. But I was advised to recheck bloods after the 1st 3 month one as sometimes you just need to give it a kickstart.

i was low pre op , i had 6 injections over 2 weeks , then another at 3 months post op . my levels are high now so don't know what the next move is ..... btw ppl say they sting , not for me tho xx

Thanks all. Just had my first and yes - it stung - but it wasnt too bad.

And I will have to have 6 over this next 2 weeks, followed by another at 3 months

Sorry to hear this Sam. Did you find out from our GP or the Manor? I hope you feel much better soon.
xx

Back