• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need help with pre op diet please

walnutwhip

hi all i have now had my date for my bypass as i have said in my diary it is the 28th march and i have just got over day 1 of the milk diet!!!! i am really struggling with what to have though so would appreciate some help from you guys, here is my daily list of what i can have:

2-3 pints semi skimmed milk
2 low fat yoghurts
2 portions of fruit
2-3 portions of vegetables
unlimited sugar free jelly
unlimited tea/coffee/low cal drinks

so the milk i have just about managed 2 pints the yoghurts, jelly and fruit have gone down well but i may have had a bit too much fruit :sigh:
had around 3 pints of nas squash and plenty of coffee too but i am struggling with the veg bit as i only like cauliflower,broccoli,cabbage and green beans what am i supposed to do with it??? i cant say i much fancy sitting down to a plate of veg everyday for the next 3 weeks i wil make some soup over the weekend but again dont want it everyday, sunday i am having a veg stir fry and going to add some herbs and spices for flavour also going to roast some with garlic but i really need some other ideas to get the veg in i have thought of making a curry as i use fresh ingredients so it would only have in 4 fresh tomatoes, an onion water spices and the veg would this be ok on the milk diet or not?? also am i allowed to have diet coke/pepsi while on the milk diet?? i asked the dietician but me and her did not have a good friendly relationship and she told me she will explain more at my next appointment hahaha i have got my surgery date before seeing her again and dont really want to ring her, and i know i have had more info from people on here than from some hospital staff. another thing i have thought about is having tinned fruit as i am sometimes out at work etc and would be so much easier to keep some in my bag in a tin in case i forget to pick up some fresh. i did think about increasing my fruit and yoghurt intake a bit and droping the milk to just 2 pints and forgetting the veg altogether but not sure if i would be able to do this

Carnt help sorry but wanted to say congrats on ur date n good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

thanks tray i never thought i would get to where i am now after 3 years of waiting and loads of appointments and 2 applications for funding but had the call on thursday with the date i am now crossing the days off on the calendar

I would think it was ok to drop the veg or just have the veg once a week.Tinned friut is ok as long as it is in juice not syrup.I was allowed to have diet coke while on the diet but not too much as not allowed fizzy drinks after surgery.

Can't help hun but stick with it - you'll do gr8! X

Back