• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi new here from Yorkshire

Looking for good tips on the milk diet please if anybody can help. I’m sure I can have 3 pints of milk, yoghurt, jelly and as much water or liquids as I like.

Looking for good tips on the milk diet please if anybody can help. I’m sure I can have 3 pints of milk, yoghurt, jelly and as much water or liquids as I like.

Hey Hun, all of the hospitals vary on their lrd's, even the milk diet, the milk one I know about is 4/5 pints of milk, sf jelly, an oxo cube and water (obviously milk can be used for tea/coffee but no sugar) you can also add the sugar free crusha milkshakes for flavour and some people mixed the milk with the jelly to make a kind of blancmange type thing. Also people recommend mixing the Oxo cube with the mix to make a soup type drink. I'm currently on my lrd but opted for a food diet. My hospital doesn't offer the milk diet as one of its three lrd options.

Last edited:
Hey Hun, all of the hospitals vary on their lrd's, even the milk diet, the milk one I know about is 4/5 pints of milk, at jelly, an oxo cube and water (obviously milk can be used for tea/coffee but no sugar) you can also add the sugar free crusha milkshakes for flavour and some people mixed the milk with the jelly to make a kind of blancmange type thing. Also people recommend mixing the Oxo cube with the mix to make a soup type drink. I'm currently on my lrd but opted for a food diet. My hospital doesn't offer the milk diet as one of its three lrd options.
Thank you. Just spoke to the dietician today and she has sent me the list again. I have the joys of having either 3 pints of milk, 2 yoghurts and 2litres of water, sugar free juice/diet fizzy drinks/sugar free mints and chewing gum.

Or 2 pints of milk 4 yoghurts and the rest as I said above. Going to go with this option as it will feel more like I’m getting food. Xx

Last edited:
Everything as parsnip said, at Luton it is 4 pints semi skimmed and it must be sugar free jelly (3 pots) or 1 sachet, I dissolved mine in boiling water then topped up with milk, milky coffees, and loved my chicken OXO in hot milk, I set my alarm to go every 2 hours to remind me to drink my milk and I added nas crusha, drink as much water as you can, the more the better.
Good luck xxx

Everything as parsnip said, at Luton it is 4 pints semi skimmed and it must be sugar free jelly (3 pots) or 1 sachet, I dissolved mine in boiling water then topped up with milk, milky coffees, and loved my chicken OXO in hot milk, I set my alarm to go every 2 hours to remind me to drink my milk and I added nas crusha, drink as much water as you can, the more the better.
Good luck xxx

Thank you.

My dieticians have sent me the leaflet today and I can have for the next 10 days:

3 pints of milk
2 yoghurts
Sugar free jelly
Sugar free mints
Sugar free gum
Water
Diet fizzy drinks
Sugar free cordial

Or

2 pints of milk
4 yoghurts
And as above

Thank you.

My dieticians have sent me the leaflet today and I can have for the next 10 days:

3 pints of milk
2 yoghurts
Sugar free jelly
Sugar free mints
Sugar free gum
Water
Diet fizzy drinks
Sugar free cordial

Or

2 pints of milk
4 yoghurts
And as above

You know it’s crazy how much the diets vary, what hospital trust are you under? I’m mid York’s and literally it’s completely different,

2/3 pints of milk
2 pieces of fruit
2 yoghurts
2 portions of veg

Sugar free jelly

I’m on day 5 and I’m browned off! I don’t feel hungry the headaches and lack of energy are something else...

You know it’s crazy how much the diets vary, what hospital trust are you under? I’m mid York’s and literally it’s completely different,

2/3 pints of milk
2 pieces of fruit
2 yoghurts
2 portions of veg

Sugar free jelly

I’m on day 5 and I’m browned off! I don’t feel hungry the headaches and lack of energy are something else...

I’m under Sheffield Teaching Hospital trust. I wish I could have some fruit. I’m only Day one and because I’m at home want to nibble on stuff, I’m not hungry as yet but could just do with something solid.

I’m under Sheffield Teaching Hospital trust. I wish I could have some fruit. I’m only Day one and because I’m at home want to nibble on stuff, I’m not hungry as yet but could just do with something solid.
This is why I chose to do food LRD, I figure I'd miss chewing enough post op lol

I think it’s just crazy how much they all vary! I really feel fed up today... I can cope with the diet it’s the way I feel I carnt feel like I’ve got the flu...

I think it’s just crazy how much they all vary! I really feel fed up today... I can cope with the diet it’s the way I feel I carnt feel like I’ve got the flu...

Oh no hope you feel better soon. Also hope I get lucky. For day one I’ve just put myself through it. Been and sat in a pub where everybody is eating lovely food that smelt delicious. Not good. Home now and going to have my supper of milk and my last yoghurt of the day xx

Aw I’m sorry your feeling this way, hopefully it’ll pass soon and not actually be the flu, it should get easier, focus on the goal....it will be worth it xx

Back