• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some help with subscribing 2 threads pls

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi Pierce or anyone who can help me.
There are quite a few diary thread on here than i want to follow on a regular basis and i am not 2 sure what to do.
When i clicked on user cp i found a list of 338 threads i supposedly subscribed to lol but am confused about it.
Each time i respond to a thread does it subscribe me to it automatically as i think thats whats been happening.
I just want to have a list of the threads i am following so i can have easy access to it.
Can someone pls help me.
Thanks xxxx

Hiya Roch :)

Not quite sure what's happened before with subscribing to threads for you? When I go to any thread and want to subscribe to it I need to go to the top of the page and choose thread options and then choose subscribe and accept it. I do not automatically get subscribed to every thread I post on.

Hope this helps a bit and I'm sure Pierce will be along soon to explain the system better than I have done :eek::)

I have been automatically subscribed to threads also but you can turn that feature off

go to your user cp and then down the side menu go to EDIT OPTIONS
on that page you will find - under messages and notification the options for subscribing to threads - choose the one you want then dont forget to go to the bottom of the page to save the options

HTH

H xx

Hi Roch.

If you go to UserCP

Then down to Edit options

Look for Default Thread Subscription Mode

And change it to 'do not subscribe'.

Then you can subscribe manually to the ones you want as Isis has suggested

Think that should work.

Before you do that though, you can delete all your other subscription by going to UserCP, Subscribed threads, and then pressing Empty Current Folder.

Hiya Roch :)

Not quite sure what's happened before with subscribing to threads for you? When I go to any thread and want to subscribe to it I need to go to the top of the page and choose thread options and then choose subscribe and accept it. I do not automatically get subscribed to every thread I post on.

Hope this helps a bit and I'm sure Pierce will be along soon to explain the system better than I have done :eek::)

I have been automatically subscribed to threads also but you can turn that feature off

go to your user cp and then down the side menu go to EDIT OPTIONS
on that page you will find - under messages and notification the options for subscribing to threads - choose the one you want then dont forget to go to the bottom of the page to save the options

HTH

H xx

Hi Roch.

If you go to UserCP

Then down to Edit options

Look for Default Thread Subscription Mode

And change it to 'do not subscribe'.

Then you can subscribe manually to the ones you want as Isis has suggested

Think that should work.

Before you do that though, you can delete all your other subscription by going to UserCP, Subscribed threads, and then pressing Empty Current Folder.

Thanks ladies good info and all sorted now xxx

The behaviour was changed 2 years ago. People were not able to find their own threads so it was changed that any thread you reply to your suscribed to(no email notifications or anything).

Pierce

Back