• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need to scream loudly.....very loudly.

simplylucy

I honestly wonder why I bother being so caring at times.

It's not often I have a rant but, oh boy, I need one this morning.

I'm a childminder. I care for a 7 year old before and after school. In the morning's he wears his coat in the afternoons I ask him to put it on.....well it is Novemember and it's FREEZING.

His mum has just had a word with me and said he was upset yesterday because I asked him to put his coat on for the walk home.

She has decided that he doesn't need to wear it (eventhough she is in her lovely warm office whilst we are outside walking)!!!!!

I honestly wonder why I bother being so caring at times. There is thick ice outside this morning and already this child is gloating at me and telling me he's not going to wear his coat. :eek:

Oh well, I guess if he get's ill then his wonderful mummy will have to take time off work and I'll still have to be paid. :p

Oh and this child has asthma so that cold air hitting his chest is so going to hurt this morning, poor chap. Grrrrrrrrrr it's so frustrating because I can't do anything. :mad:

Sorry for the rant, I don't do it often but this morning I'm ready to explode.

I'd be exactly the same Lucy... you sound just like me... love and hugs Angel xxx

Lucy, i'm totally hearing you, i work with babies 3months to 2yrs yes the room i'm in is of course warm but would you really send your baby in, in leggings & a t shirt knowing they shall be rolling around on the floor!! & its not just one, makes my blood boil! xx

Reactions: Bev
I would be tempted to walk the long way round and slow see if the little ******* gloating when he gets to school. But seriously doesn’t this conflict
With legal stuff like duty of care and possibly child abuse, After all you are being paid as a carer and that makes you legally accountable for the Childs health and wellbeing when its in your care doesn’t it?

Throw a bucket of water over the little git and see if he's still as smug LOL

Seriously the kid is just doing what kids do best and that is being stupid. It's the parent who is an arsewipe here. Let them get on with it and worry not

This is the very reson that so many young children and people have no respect or regard for authority, rules and the law. They think they are only answerable to their parents, sad thing is that a parent who teaches their child to disregard other adults is simply making a rod for their own back. Give this child a few more years and he will surely disregard even his own parents authority. Hence the disorderly society we live in.

The mother is negligent and stupid in the extreme, she should thank you for trying to look after her child.

ask for it in writing. and tell her you need it as you have a duty of care and when he gets hypothermia or frostbite, it will help your personal insurance liabilities.

and THEN take him the long route :)

good advice NS

Loving the comment from NS. Go Lucy. Do exactly that and make her sign a disclaimer. That way you are proving you care - particularly as he has asthma. He will be coughing like crazy all night . . and you know what . . his mother deserves a few rough nights with him!

lucy i want you to be my childminder! i had to take in a blanket this morning for when zakk is in the pushchair as its icy and cold in the mornings and my poor babe is freezing not forgetting hats scarfs! etc... if i found out my kids didnt have there coats on id go mad! and if i found out mason had said no etc, id tell him to stop being silly, i mean how ridiculous!! and big al has a point what happens if other oparents see you in the mornings and the boy doesnt have a coat on etc whos head will it come down on! it ll be yours! id ask the mother to sign something stating if the child says no then so be it xx

is she for real, the 7 yr old with asthma dosnt have to wear a coat, but the 5 yr old does, doh!!!!! methinks she needs her head examining, sounds like the 7 yr old rules the roost, and what he says go's, god help her in a couple of yrs if its like this now. like has already been said, make sure she signs a disclaimer hun, protect yourself. good luck and big hugs xxxx

Back