• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Magic Wand!

Jen1961

Is on her way!
I was dropping my 7 year old off at school this morning and as I turned off the engine I must have given out a large sigh. My son (who is usually totally oblivious to anyone else's feelings due to his Aspergers) asked me what was wrong. I said, oh nothing really, I just wish i had a magic wand so that I could get rid of all 'this stress'. He said, "yes, you could wish you wasn't fat anymore so you could live longer". I said, yes, thanks for that thought James sigh!

Kids, don't you just love 'em!!

Now I'm back home feeling very down in the dumps that he's gone to school with that on his mind. Oh humm!!

aw bless, his only saying what he has heard you say probably ,and its good that he knows how you feel and why your having the op,,i think kids keep us grounded,,,and yes .sometimes their honesty hurts,i used to smoke and my youngest son ,when he was little was cuddling me one day and said ,i love you mummy your pretty,,but ,,you smell, i said thankyou darlin,what do i smell of? ,his reply wasnt what i expected,you know ,perfume ,powder,,toothpaste,,,,,no ,he said its like dog poo in your mouth ,,,its yukky,!,,i cried for hours ,lol ,,,so dont be to hard on james , if you want to slap someone ,slap my danny ,lol his 25 now x lol

Hi Jen, kids are always so straight. As Starr said, your boy has probably heard you say it about yourself and won't understand some comments can hurt. My 4yr old often has a thing or two to say to me and I usually have a good laugh at it, but it's only natural it's going to prick the conscience. Instead of worrying about how he's feeling at school, (he's probably forgotten now anyway) why not think about how much he means to you, and how he's gonna be worth the ups and downs in front of you. Good luck to you and wrap your arms around him after school, you deserve a huge bear hug..:grouphugg:

You are both so right. Although, I don't think I felt hurt as much as sad that he feels that I might die early. With his Aspergers he doesn't tend to 'get' social situations and I know he wasn't trying to hurt me, in fact if anything I was excited that he actually showed some empathy for me, that is actually a break through in a huge way. :) I was feeling down that he may be worrying about me dying. I should have reassured him I guess, but I will talk to him tonight and try and take away his worries a little. :sigh:

Back