• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still waiting to hear if my pct will fund my sergrey

kee28

hi ya all i am new hear . so hear gose lol . i have see the sergon who is more than happy to do the gastrick banding for me . and my doc has gone in for the funding . so im still waiting to hear if they will my bmi is 42 and so worried they will not fund it also do u have to have a pre opp diet a when i see the sergon he told . all he said was next time i se u will be in sergrey . if all gose well . lol also i have not even had to have any blood teast done . like i have heard that some of the ppl on hear have lol . its like the sergon was to busy to go in to detals that day i will be going to stguys and st thomas in london . ny one been there lol :eek: also when u have ur band tigtend dose it hurt :) thanks sorry to be a pest hahaahahh

scorpion

Six Month Post Op
good luck, hope you get the funding. i havent had my bypass yet but watching fat doctor on discovery health it doesnt appear to hurt tightening the band. they put the button where they can inject saline with out need any anisetic (wish i had gone to skool the day they did spellin).
dave

lovebug

Official Lap Bander !!
Hi kee28 , I'm Having my fill done next week so will be able to tell u if it hurts .I don't think its meant to. probably a slight pinch and then a little bit of discomfort for a couple of mins. No Anaesthetic is required and only takes a few minutes . Once filled you test u can drink water and then off u go ...Will post when i've been Filled !!

Just so u know, for gastric banding ( and any Bariatric Surgery) in most cases you will be required to go on a Pre-op diet (Liver Shrinking diet) . I did it and so did most of the people on here . For how long or what u are allowed to eat will depend on the surgeon, your health, dietry requirements etc. I had to have 2 weeks of slimfast only....3 shakes a day. was a bit hard at first but after a few days was easy peasey and the thought of having the op kept me motivated. In fact my surgeon told me if i didn't complete the Pre-op properly he would know because when he started the op if my liver was still the same size as it was he would have to stitch me back up, charge me 7k still ( i went private) and send me away for wasting his time. The pre-op isn's so much to lose weight its to get u in perfect pre-op mode so the operation can be sucessful ( your liver sits over the stomach and means less problems to go wrong when they do the op. in fact his harshness ( which was what i needed ha ha ! ) helped me lose loads of weight and then having the band . My surgeon Nadey Hakim is a well known Liver Transplant Proffessor and he helped me on the right track and ...has changed my life for the better :) Yipeeeee!! Make sure your doc explains everything and if u don't understand...just ask again ha ha ! Here to help u too as i'm sure everyone else will too xxx