• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need Urgent Help With Low Carb diet

farzu

Hello Friends,

Can anyone help me with selecting the menu for low carb liver shrinking diet please. I need help aa i don't have any idea about these. If anyone can give me a sample menu it would be great and also what not to eat. which green vegetables to choose etc. please help i need your support.

Well I was on the same diet you are starting and my typical day was
Breakfast 1 slice of toast with srambled egg or poached egg/
2 crisp bread with low fat cream cheese or I might have 1 weetabix with milk and sweetner

Lunch similar to breakfast

Dinner piece of fish (not battered) or a piece of grilled chicken with 1 small pot and plenty of either green beans, peas, cauliflower or cabbabge.

Some days for dinner I had just the piece of meat and loads of veg.
Plus 1 pint of semi skimmed milkand a yoghurt just before bed as I got hungry then.

Well I was on the same diet you are starting and my typical day was
Breakfast 1 slice of toast with srambled egg or poached egg/
2 crisp bread with low fat cream cheese or I might have 1 weetabix with milk and sweetner

Lunch similar to breakfast

Dinner piece of fish (not battered) or a piece of grilled chicken with 1 small pot and plenty of either green beans, peas, cauliflower or cabbabge.

Some days for dinner I had just the piece of meat and loads of veg.
Plus 1 pint of semi skimmed milkand a yoghurt just before bed as I got hungry then.

Thanks for the reply, how much weight did you loose pre-op?

Farzu I've just had my sleeve at Homerton. They gave me the diet. I have a copy if you privately email me with your address I can send it to you. It's very easy to follow & very informative. I did it & lost 1/2 a stone in 2 weeks pre op.
Kim

Farzu I lost 15lbs on the diet but then again I was on it for 5 weeks I started the diet 9th Dec and the surgery was 9th Jan

Thank you very much everyone for the information. I got the info sheet with the papers they provided from the hospital. Very detail info. Very helpful.

Some hospitals allow you to do a slim fast /liquid diet as an alternative. I've found weak soups helpful when I've needed some extra energy but need to keep on Target. One I like is the Look What We Found Chicken and thyme soup, available in most supermarkets.

I am on the liver shrinking diet and i am trying to vary it as much as possible, I have made chicken and leek soup that was very scrummy, also veg stir fry (made without any fat of course) that was nice crisp and felt very healthy. When i dont know what to have, I always have boiled free range eggs in the fridge and I have those with a salad. Good luck with it ~ I am finding the diet very hard and I am always hungry but got to be done :(. My op is 29th March so I will look out for you after the op to see your weight loss

eating all these eggs and slimfast making me too sick. i think i will try and do a 3 days liquid only diet just before the surgery to make sure my liver is shrunk enough.

Farzu, many Asians are lactose
Intolerant - I am. Try lactose free milk. Is is called lactofree in supermarkets.

Yvessa said:
Farzu, many Asians are lactose
Intolerant - I am. Try lactose free milk. Is is called lactofree in supermarkets.

Thanks dear. I will look up in markets. Where r u from? If u dont mind me asking. Didnt really find any asians here before. I'm from Bangladesh. The food we eat are different and i'm very confused how i will manage after the surgery.

I think Farzu you shoul have a word with your dietician for alternative foods to suit your natural diet if she doesn't know surely its her job to find out. Good luck prayers are with you xx

chrisa said:
I think Farzu you shoul have a word with your dietician for alternative foods to suit your natural diet if she doesn't know surely its her job to find out. Good luck prayers are with you xx

Thank you Chrisa.

To be honest, I eat a mostly westernised diet, but basically most curries you can blend - just don't add potatoes or oil. Use frylight instead. Avoid ghee etc. Also rice may be a bit difficult initially so you may need to try having more potato dishes. And just change the order that you eat and eat small portions.

Does this help? What would be your normal week day mealplan?

Yvessa said:
To be honest, I eat a mostly westernised diet, but basically most curries you can blend - just don't add potatoes or oil. Use frylight instead. Avoid ghee etc. Also rice may be a bit difficult initially so you may need to try having more potato dishes. And just change the order that you eat and eat small portions.

Does this help? What would be your normal week day mealplan?

I have tried the lactofree milk and it is working wonders. thanks a lot dear. My surgery is going ahead on the 23rd march. I still have the same weight. I will do the slimfast for next 2 days now. I think my liver has not shrunk.

fantastic news. Bear in mind the slimfast will have milk and may make you feel sick.

Back