• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op diet starts today...

ldavidson84

:eek::eek::eek: that means 2 weeks today i will be on that table :D:eek:

Well its day 1 of my diet and im full of a cold and feel like poo :( but my head is in the right place with regards to my diet.

I had a girls night last night and said they were to eat all the nibbles as i didnt want them in house, but all were not eaten so i put them in fridge but im not even tempted :) i hope that lasts!!!

I am on low fat/low carb diet and have to aim to eat certain portions of food a day, so i have made myself a table to tick off my portions so i know what i have eaten.

Please if anyone is on the same diet and would like the table i have made to help please let me know, its nothing special but i think it will help me.

Cant believe its only 2 weeks away :bliss::bliss::bliss:

Good luck Leanne, you sound very organised. I too have planned my two weeks of meals as a menu, but I am scared I might not be able to stick to it. If I could stick to a diet I would not be going down this route as with everyone else LOL.
I am waiting a call back from the dietician to see if I can try the milk diet instead as I know if I can't have food then I won't overeat. I have practised the diet but I need that back up plan as I cannot afford to have a large liver LOL

Throw the nibbles away before you do get tempted :)

Good luck, just think of the reward and you'll do great :)

Good luck Leanne, you sound very organised. I too have planned my two weeks of meals as a menu, but I am scared I might not be able to stick to it. If I could stick to a diet I would not be going down this route as with everyone else LOL.
I am waiting a call back from the dietician to see if I can try the milk diet instead as I know if I can't have food then I won't overeat. I have practised the diet but I need that back up plan as I cannot afford to have a large liver LOL

I too thought about asking my provider if i could do the milk diet as i dont want to eat the wrong thing but if i keep my meals simple then like measured amount of chicken with half jacket potatoe then surely i cant go wrong...hopefully!!!

Throw the nibbles away before you do get tempted :)

Good luck, just think of the reward and you'll do great :)

My hubby and kids are eating there way through the nibbles slowly, i cant stop my boys having treats so will always have that temptation in my fridge, but since this i will deffo be giving them measured ammounts as i dont want them ending up like me. :(

All the very best of everything is wished for you Leanne.
Good luck, love and hugs xxx

oops..messed up my last reply..hope i do better this time.. i too start my pre op diet today and will be on the table in two weeks time ( well, hopefully i'll have had my op by this time in the day]..im doing the milk diet as i love milk and find this easier than a very low fat/carb diet as you dont think so much about food, although i do sneek the odd piece of dry toast in when gagging for something to chew. good luck everyone and i look forward to reading your stories in two weeks..anyone having it done in luton on 10th march? carolx

Well thats day 1 nearly over and i must say i havent been hunrgy :D I have had a lazy day tho and not been my busy self as i have a cold :(

Well today i had:

Breakkie: Porridge with 180ml ss milk

Lunch: 2 Grilled low fat sausages with 5 tablespoons of baked beans

Snack: Banana

Dinner: 3 small turkey meatballs with tomato and red pepper sauce with 3 mushrooms sliced and 2 small egg sized potatoes sliced and fried in fry light

Muller light yoghurt

I still got 2 out of my 5 fruit/veg to eat and 1 of my milk/diary to eat/drink that i can still have.

I do have a headache but i have had one for 2 days due to being ill, so if i have one due to lack of food i wont know :8855:

:party0019::party0019:

Fair play to you! I am on the milk diet, which feels a it extreme but I know all I can eat is 2 yoghurts so v little planning. I'll probably be crawling up the walls though by Day 5. But like you hoepfuly my head is in the right place

Good luck on your milk diet, sometimes i think i would prefer the milk diet so i would know i wasnt making any mistakes in food choices.

Yesterdays menu was:

Breakkie: Porridge with 200 ml ss milk with banana chopped in it.

Lunch: 1 toast with 3 slices lean bacon and 5 tablespoons of baked beans

Dinner: 5oz of cod :yuk: with mushypeas and a bit of mint sauce

Cant say i would have the cod again :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Good luck with everything Leanne, you are certainly inspirational.

Love and hugs Angel xxx

Good luck leanne, i just know you are going to do really well over the coming months. It sounds like you are in the right head space. I'm abit of a planner and i really think that will help me when i eventually get my wls x

Back