• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre op diet

katstofat

can anyone please help me by giving me some ints on wat to have on mr ammoris low fat, carb, callorie diet please all i can think of is salads and loads of veg with a bit of meat . ive not got a great imagination were foods concernedbecause basicly i live on sandwiches as i cant be botherd to do things for myself . i know that will have to change but at moment i havnt got a clue ty ............kath

Healthy soups stews omlettes stir frys with spray oil poached fish low fat curry or spag bol and use it poured over chopped up steamed cauliflower.check out slimming world forum loads of recipies there.

Tuna quiche
Tin tuna
2 eggs
tub lf cottage cheese
Sweetcorn
seasoning
Tomatoe
Line a flan dish with foil,combine all ingriedents,pour in dish and top with sliced tomatoe,cook till set and brown on top.serve hot or cold.You can vary any low fat ingreidents just use the egg and cottage cheese as a base.salmon and broccoli is nice too.

Hi I did the food based diet and I made home made veg soup and mushroom soup ate fish meat veg salad small jacket potato baked beans yogurts

This is only my opinion but i really think this should be the main pre-op diet as i feel it does set us up better nutritionally than the milk diet - the milk diet should only be used in execeptional standards i will be telling this to Mr Khan when is see him at the end of the month. Hope everything goes good for you xx

Hi Kath,

I didn't do the low fat/carb/calorie diet because I just didn't to want to deal with food. I did the cambridge diet instead, with Mr A's blessing of course. It suited me better not to mention that I had supplies of the stuff from an earlier time.

However, seeing as you have about 5 weeks to go, may I suggest you start eating along Slimming World's Red Day lines. More protein and veg and then gradually cut down portions as you head into the final 2 weeks before surgery. It will make the transition easier. If you've done slimming world you'll know what I mean. If not, check out the SW forum or buy a SW magazine. They usually have a 7 day sample menu for red & green days. I think slimming world's red days suit the low carb/fat diet Mr Ammori recommends.
There's no harm in starting on multi-vitamins at this stage too.

Hope that helps.

PS, is there no sample menu in the pre-op booklet?

Last edited:
ty all ive got some good tips here.
yes clara i know slimming world diet and i think i might try that . the booklet gives a guide but its wat to do with the food it sugests thats wat i cant think to do . as i said i have a love/hate relasionship with food i think of things id like but wen it comes down to it i cant be botherd so its a sandwich ,toast or wat the others are having if theres anything left yes i know a very bad way to eat so after op wen i have to make the efort i will probably eating a lot better even if its only small amounts..........kath xx

Back