• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help please pre-op diet worries

genevive57

hi all,
i am day 6 of my two week low carb pre-op diet.
i am worried as i seem to be eating soohhh much!
evem more than when i was on my calorie counting diet before i started this liver reducing diet.
i am religiously following the amount of protein, carbs etc., with unlimited amounts of green salad and vegetables.
i was thinking of going onto diet milk drinks for my second week pre-op diet as i am frightened my liver won't have shrunk enough.
is there anyone out there who did both types of pre-op liver reducing diets? ie., one week of low carb and one week of milk drinks? and, did your liver shrink enough? and, did you lose any weight?
i'm having my sleeve op next thursday and starting to get really anxious and this diet thing is really driving me crazy. help please:wave_cry::wave_cry:

Don't ask me, i did an extra week and got told off as my liver had shrunk to much :p
Keep to the diet they gave you and watch portion sizes xxxx

hi i would say to you if you our following your low fat diet which you obviously are i would not change to the milk diet in week 2 stick to what your providers want you to do, i stook to the low fat diet and mentained the same weight, i lost 24Ibs on the weight managed course, but my liver had shurunk nicley to have my bypass so dont worry to much.

Jan
Many pre-oppers start their liver-reducing diet from a non-diet state. They are the ones who tend to show an exceptional weight loss because they are starting from ground zero. You have already gone through that stage, especially having lost 2 stone in the previous 7 weeks. You can't possibly expect to have such impressive results, and you should be happy that because of your efforts so far, your liver is probably already in a very good condition for surgery, just as mine and Dawn's was.

Just maintain your low carb diet and rest assured you will be in the best possible physical condition on op day.

The 8th will come soon enough without fretting!

Back