• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and scared

vattas

Hi all, just got my pre-op date this morning. Was so stressed I immediately ate a packet of crisps and topped it with a cornetto ice-cream.

Hey vattas :) welcome to the site :)
I understand about the crisps etc, I was the same lol
What surgery are you having? x

Gastric bypass. Need a lot of advice and encouragement. I am going to Sheffield - Mr Ackroyd.
well there are lots of people on here that can and will help you :) if you have any specific questions you can post in the bypass section :) good luck with your op, its life changing :) x

Hi all, just got my pre-op date this morning. Was so stressed I immediately ate a packet of crisps and topped it with a cornetto ice-cream.

Congrats vattas and welcome to the forum :)

Wellcome to the forum Vattas, I too have had a bypass but I had mine up in Sunderland. I am 19 month spost op now. Nothing to be scared of honestly. Have you been waiting a long time for this, it took me almost 2 years to get to the op date. It is tough waiting around just wondering if it will ever happen. We have all doen the same comfort eat especially when its times of panic, thats why we are doing what we have to do today. The op is the only step left for us to take, its your big chance you need to grab it with both hands if its really what you want. No where near as bad as you think it will be. It is mainly discomfort you will feel after your op and some pain from trapped wind that is the worst thing. The incision wounds arent too bad at all. Be the start of a new life for you. Check our profiles if you don't believe we have come far take a look, prepare to be amazed. Its hard work and always will be but we will be in a better place to keep it up xx Just ask if you need any help xx

Welcome vattas... Welcome to the forums.. Your feelings are totally normal, think we were all terrified.. But if I could just tell you how much the bypass has changed my life for the better, honestly it really is worth all the fear the doubt and the lifestyle change. For the first time for so long I am a healthy weight and happy and fulfilled.... If I had to do it all over again I would in a heartbeat.... And here you will get all the support and advice and understanding to help you through this... xxx

Back