• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Bander and Hungry

djbp98

Wants to crunch
I was banded 21st Sept and yesterday my hunger came back with a vengeance :eatdrink051:
Because of the swelling I have had great restriction, but now that's gone I've got a stomach that's back to normal. I won't get my first fill for about another 6wks. Has anybody got any tips or advise pleeeeeease? My 2 dogs even look scared when I look at them and start dribbling :sign0151:

Hiya... I am a new bander myself i was banded on tuesday, have you tried slimfast at all to try and suppress the appetite, i can only get about 2cms down at the moment as it sits heavy in my chest, also have you tried adding powdered milk to milk to make it more filling, this was written in my diet sheet, how long are you on liquids for? i have to do 4 weeks liquid and 4 weeks pureed, if your really struggling give your provider a call and see what they suggest, good luck X

Haven't had surgery yet I'm afraid so can't help but your comment about your dogs made chuckle. :D :doggy::doggy: Good luck with your weightloss journey. :cross:

Cuppacocoa xx

Hiya... I am a new bander myself i was banded on tuesday, have you tried slimfast at all to try and suppress the appetite, i can only get about 2cms down at the moment as it sits heavy in my chest, also have you tried adding powdered milk to milk to make it more filling, this was written in my diet sheet, how long are you on liquids for? i have to do 4 weeks liquid and 4 weeks pureed, if your really struggling give your provider a call and see what they suggest, good luck X

Thanks Claire for those suggestions. I will try some Slimfast today then, don't quite fancy the idea of thick milk tho by adding milk powder :yuk:
I'm on slop for 4 weeks and can then go to mashed stuff........soup, soup glorious soup :wave_cry:

Hi hun, not sure if u have my msn but add me [email protected] to talk, im having same issues at the moment, got 2 n half weeks til my first fill as im off on holiday next week, all inclusive omg kill me now!!

xxxx

Hi there girls,

Congratulations to all you newly banded peeps. I wish you love and luck on your journey.

I think this is the same for most of us at this stage, so it's normal.

I think the best advice is to call your providers and ask their advice. Sometimes they will move you on a step if you are having real hunger issues.

My post op diet was very different to yours, it was days 1-3 liquids, days 4-7 mashed and purees and then from day 7 wean back onto solid denser foods, slowly and carefully.

So best talk to your team...they will be sympathetic.

hi as caz said we all had this i was on a simular post op diet to hers i was back on solids by end of week 2 which really helps with the hunger might be worth ringing your provider as 4 weeks is a long time if your really hungry once your on mushies my only advice is eat slowly untill you are full it will all get easier

Hi , Ime the same very ungry my op was 2 weeks today(after midnight) Also on liqiuds only for 3 weeks, i think because i am out of ketosis have had blended fruits and vegtable soups thats making me more hunger.
I am also quite active, so that burns of the cals.

Like yourself was great no hunger for a week but Wednesday, Thursday and this lunch was getting real bad hunger pains despite the fact i made 2 extra shakes up.

I am seeing my Doctor for a 2 week check up 10.35am so will ask his advice as think my blood sugar levels were wrong this evening as felt jittery, and sweating,had another shake and it went.

Will feed(wrong word there )back tomorrow re the advice Mia

I can't add anything more to what Caz and Serenity have said about speaking with your dieticien.I only did liquids for a few days and then moved on to slops for a couple of days before trying more dense foods. Each dietiian tells us different so you really need to speak with yours.Try drinking more water as this does help surpress the hunger.
Good luck and hope you feel better soonxx

I called the weight management clinic yesterday as i was worried about a drink i brought and wanted to double check with them that it was ok, i mentioned about what do i do if i start to feel hungry within the 4 weeks of liquid diet and she told me to drink more, i understand all providers are different and she told me to persevered for the minimum of 3 weeks with it, give them a call if you really are struggling, hope you are feeling better today and less hungry X

Thank you everybody. I did call my wls team and she told me to add protein at lunchtime as I'm not having any only at teatime. I find that I am more contented after evening meal, prob due to the little protein I have on my plate. She also said to put 2 snacks inbetween my 3 meals ie. stewed fruit, yoghurt, rice pudding. She also said that I'm to stay on slop until week 5 AAAAAAAAGH!!! :eek: I do have a confession to make tho....I've just had some potato mashed with a little onion, lettuce, tomato and cucumber on the side to chew on....heaven! I know I shouldn't have but it was nice just this once :whoopass:
I'm off to my sister-in-laws 40th birthday party tonight with a cupasoup in my bag...oooo how the other half live! lol :party0023:

Hi Ive had a gastric bypass but just an idea! are you banders allowed weetabix or porridge? its quite filling and if you mix with milk you will get a bit of protein in as well. Gailx

Yes we are allowed weetabix thank goodness because I have them every day and straight after my op I lived on them lol. The only problem is like you, we have to do what the dieticians tell us (well not all of us do as we're told lol) but I guess if loads of milk was added to make it more of a liquid then that should be ok lol.Porridge is really good because it surpress's the hunger for longer so runny porridge girls!!

Back