• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

And in the beginning.......

Thank you for all your kind words it really helps.

So its day 3 of the pre-op diet and im not starving anymore. Im not going to lie, im hungry but I dont have the all encompassing mind numbing starvation I have had for the past 2 days. I feel like I have more energy today. I must admit yesterday was HARD! The times I nearly caved thinking 'oh just one bite of this, one bite of that.' But I did not cave I just carried on and kept myself busy. As im on summer break from Uni at the moment its hard to keep busy and im so scared of going into the public and catching a cold or something which would stop me getting surgery. But thats just one of my continuing hangups. Today I have had some crisp-bread with Weight Watchers cheese today and for tea im going to have some scrambled egg on toast. And I have found that drinking diet (sugar free) lemonade makes me feel full so thats helping.

Anyway thats it for now. Thanks for the support!!

Hi hun, glad it is getting better for you. I wasn't told to limit/exclude root veg so I did eat carrots & parsnips. I think that root veg are considered high in natural sugar so some docs limit them during the liver shrinking diet. If it doesn't say so sepcifically in your instructions you should be fine. Keep up the good work!

Nic:p

OK so 1 week into my preop diet and I have lost............ 8lbs!!!!! wooooooohoooooo!!! so pleased! I know most of this is water but still!!!! I am very pleased and it is very motivating to keep up the good work. I have not really struggled with it for the last few days as I have been keeping myself nice and busy (even though I have confined myself to the house to try and limit the risk of catching something before surgery- sounds a bit strange I know but next week is the only time I have to have this surgery done as I have fixed time off due to university so i dont want to have to cancel it as the next time I have enough time of to have the surgery and then recover is in two years time!!).

I have not really been around on here for a few days, as i have said i have been trying to keep myself busy and trying to focus on other things other than food and WLS as being on here all the time makes me constantly think about the food im not allowed to have.

Its hard to admit this but I have also been having some teary moments the last few days, I cant help think about what if things go wrong, I have a wonderful life with a man that loves me very much and who I love with all my heart and I dont want to leave him. I know the risks are not that great but I think anyone who goes through this type of surgery has to face up to their own mortality sooner or later. The way I have come to reason it is that if i dont have the surgery then the risk of developing life threatening complications in the future like heart disease or diabetes or a stroke are near on 100%. To be honest it is not the surgery that scares me it is the anaesthetic, I have had 2 in the past and been ok but it still does not stop me being afraid of them. I am just so frightened that I wont wake up! But then I have to reason with myself that yes there are risks (there are risks with everything in life) BUT i will be looked after by someone who is specially trained to deal with obese patients so I will be in the best possible hands!

So enough of my morbid rants I just need to get it off my chest I think! Only 7 days to go now............

Come on Fuze....you are in the 'trade' you know the stats, very low for death due to anaesthetic!.... You are on the diet, doing really well and giving yourself the very best chance for when you go under. My bypass was my 13th op and I wasn't bothered in the slightest but yet opticians & dentists..forget it!! You see - we all have our fears!

Have you done your surgical rotation yet? ( I didn't get to do it with my nurse training so many years ago) ..the whole world of aneasthetics is fascinating!

You are days away from an event which is going to be a turning point in your life..you are already achieving so much...much more than a lot of us (wish I had been able to do what you are doing) so try to stand back and look at all the amzing things going on in your life right now..including your chap!

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone - you were dreading the start of your op, I was goiing in for mine, and look now,,,7 days later.....

You are doing a great job :superwoman:

Come on Fuze....you are in the 'trade' you know the stats, very low for death due to anaesthetic!.... You are on the diet, doing really well and giving yourself the very best chance for when you go under. My bypass was my 13th op and I wasn't bothered in the slightest but yet opticians & dentists..forget it!! You see - we all have our fears!

Have you done your surgical rotation yet? ( I didn't get to do it with my nurse training so many years ago) ..the whole world of aneasthetics is fascinating!

You are days away from an event which is going to be a turning point in your life..you are already achieving so much...much more than a lot of us (wish I had been able to do what you are doing) so try to stand back and look at all the amzing things going on in your life right now..including your chap!

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone - you were dreading the start of your op, I was goiing in for mine, and look now,,,7 days later.....

You are doing a great job :superwoman:

Thank you so much for your lovely words! I have done a surgical rotation I did one when I was doing my nurse training, i spent a few weeks in theatre and recovery and I did my medical school surgical rotation at the start of this year. I know that risks are low I think im just more of a glass is half empty person at the moment! I know I need to change that and Im getting there slowly!

You are doiNg amazing! I can only hope things go as smoothly and easily as yours!!! Congrats and good luck for your continued weight loss you LOSER!!!

Ok so im well into my second week of the pre op diet and so far so good. I am going to be honest and say on the odd occasion I may have eaten a little bit more than my allowance of cheese or eggs or ketchup but i seem to be back on track now. I have gone past the phase of constantly thinking about food helped by trying to keep myself busy. Today I was looking after my friends little girl so we made pitta pizzas together which was fun and very tasty and all within my food allowance. Other than that I have just been pootling round the house keeping busy but trying to avoid the dreaded swine flu that everyone around here seems to have at the moment as if i get that there will be no surgery for me next week.

Anyway I seem to have passed past nervousness and excitement I just want the day to be here now, I know it will be a different story the day before and on the day but im at a happy place of not really thinking about it at the moment. I am just looking forward to sunday when we are going to a concert which should be a lovely day as it is an all day and evening thing so that will keep my mind off things. I just hope the weather stays nice as most of it happens outside!!!

I think thats enough updating for now its time for bed I think...............

Well done dear on your pre-op so far, not long now. It is hard the waiting bit but afterwards it will all be a blur. Keep up the good work and you will be having your surgery in no time at all.

Nic:D

Hi Fuze...just wanted to say Good Luck for the op on Monday...will be thinking of you :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Ok so I am sat in bed just got back from an amaizing day and it is only five hours till I have to be up to get ready to go to the hospital. I am staying up until midnight so I can have my last drink and move my glass so I don't drink any more. I have been so busy the last few days, we were out in the peaks yesterday and today we have been at an all day concert so I have not been around much and I have also not had alot of time to think about what is lying ahead and to be honest I needed to vent somewhere as my OH is asleep ready for the early start. At the moment I am feeling really strange. One moment I am so excited about starting this new healthier life and the next I am so so very scared that something is going to go wrong. I have had a wonderful past few days and I'm so frightened that it all could come to an end. I'm worried because at the moment I am just about able to function ok and I keep thinking I could go on like this for a good few years. Then on th other hand I only have to think about what happens yesterday to make me realise I can't go on like this. We were in the peak district and we wanted togo down blue john cavern which I did not realise till we were in there has 300 steps down into the cavern which ment 300 steps back up!! We were with a tour guide with other people so I did not want to seem like a spoil sport so off we went down which was no problem at all and the caverns were beautiful and they were worth the trip down. Then it came to comming back up and I don't need to tell you how very very hard it was, I could not breath, was swetting, I nearly did not make it back up. What was worse was that the others in the group consisted of two elderly Australians (in their 70s) who had no problem going back up. It was so so embarrassing, I was mortified! So anyway that is my little rant/story over. Wish me luck and I hope to see you all on the loosing side.

Hi Fuze,
Wishing you the very best of luck with your Op tommorrow & a Very Speedy recovery, Just think it will all be over in no time and you will be a Loser!!!!
Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. x

Hi Fuze, I hope it all goes well and I look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Rebirth

Best of wished to you doll, you probably are already back from surgery now. I know what you mean about stairs. Back when I was doing my masters I had a class on the 8th floor. The lift broke and my entire class & professor had to hoof it up the stairs. I thought my heart was gonna explode and I kept thinking this is how I am gonna die, in a gloomy stairway? Anyway my professor (65+ gent with a huge spare tire) had enough time to get into class and start the lecture before I even made it to class! So I feel your pain and now you can make your life better.

Looking forward to hearing your story!
Nic;)

Hi Fuze,
i hope every thing went according to plan.
Hope that you are feeling a little better by the time you read this,will
shortly be following you Mia

Hi Amanda,
I know you had a rough time of it but I hope you are better and possibly home by now. I look forward to seeing you back here posting soon. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Clara.

Hi Fuze any better yet ?
Mia

Fuze where are you not heard from you since op is every thing o.k or have i missed something . Have you changed name ?

Back