• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new bands

misselvis

hi everyone

i had a band on 14th oct
and due for 1st fill on 20th november
the nurse told me i only had a loose band of 1ml
i have read on the forum that some bands have 4ml, 5ml 6ml etc
at time of op
does any know why the bands vary
would be interested to know

thanks

kay

We are all different and have different amounts in the band. What you have in yours will be comfortable for you and not based on what anyone else has ;)

I had 3 mils on first fill every provider is different - do u know what size band u have?

All providers are different, and some start off with a small fill, its likely with your 1ml that is what you have in your band.

My provider doesn't do any fills at the time of the surgery and as such the band is empty until they do the first fill which is at 5-6 weeks post op. Its not so much the person but the provider that decides this and there's so much variation. When you go for your fill, ask them to advise you what size band you have, then you will know how many mls you have in and what the maximum is.

Mine is a 14ml band, empty at time of op, had 5mls put in at 5 weeks post op then 1ml 2 weeks later. Currently have 6mls in my 14ml band, still no restriction as yet. :)

I had 3 mils on first fill every provider is different - do u know what size band u have?

All providers are different, and some start off with a small fill, its likely with your 1ml that is what you have in your band.

My provider doesn't do any fills at the time of the surgery and as such the band is empty until they do the first fill which is at 5-6 weeks post op. Its not so much the person but the provider that decides this and there's so much variation. When you go for your fill, ask them to advise you what size band you have, then you will know how many mls you have in and what the maximum is.

Mine is a 14ml band, empty at time of op, had 5mls put in at 5 weeks post op then 1ml 2 weeks later. Currently have 6mls in my 14ml band, still no restriction as yet. :)

thank you

i will be noting everything down as i need to know more about band
at time of op your groggy so not a lot is understood

kay xx

Also, if you think of any questions ahead of your fill, write them down, its a good chance to run through things to help you moving forward with your band :)

Back