• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New bandster

Lemon

Hi all

Had my band fitted on Friday 18th October at the Imperial centre St Marys.

It's been great reading your posts and has been really helpful to see that I am having a very similar post opp experience as many of you had.

One problem I do see to be having is getting all the water down. :cry: any suggestions on how to meet the 1.5l quota.

Many thanks
Lem

I'm not drinking from an evian sports bottle. The ones with the sports cap on any way thats 75cl, so i can see how much im drinking. I'm into my 3rd week post op now and am trying to get through about 4 a day. Just keep taking slow sips all day. x

Hello and welcome!:)

I have coffee in the morning, all manner of fruit tea, sugar-free cordial and plain water. I try to sip often through the day at work, and try to have a cup of tea at least every hour. It soon mounts up!
In the summer I also made my own cordial slushies and ice-pops, but I'm more likely to want hot drinks now.

Hi
Welcome fellow bander xx :)
I drink loads of very weak squash mainly because since I had my band don't know why but everything tastes so blummin sweet, Yak!!

anyway all drinks count to your daily intake
Good Luck Hun xxxx

Thanks, just popped to the shops for some squash so going to give that a try. Don't like tea or coffee but have purchased a pack of fruit tea to try, let's hope I find one that I like. Thanks for all the advice. Dreading next week where I will need to get the mushy stuff sorted.

On the plus side 8lb lost since Friday's opp but I suppose that will slow down once I get some kind of appetite up.

Well done on the weight loss!

I love lemon and ginger tea, especially with the teabag left in so the heat of the ginger comes through. Cranberry and sanguinello orange is nice too - sweet without being sickly. I love chai, really warming cinnamon and spices, drunk with or without milk.
Twinings do a mixed box of different flavours, and if you go on their website you can normally pick a couple of flavours which they'll post to you for free.

Hope you find one you like!

I have squash and hot blackcurrent and now manage about 3 litres a day plus what I drink at the gym

Back