• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEW FOOD DISCOVERY

hollywood30

heyyyy everyone :) just wanted to tell you about these mash snackpots I found recently. You get them from ASDA and they are quite nice considering the low calories. You just make them up with water and thats it so great if your in work etc. The one Im eating now is 'Mash with cheese and brocolli snackpot' but they do a few others too.

The nutrional info says per 100g(made up as directed) is 89 calories. And the actual pot is only 50g so thats around 45 calories? Maybe Im wrong but you only add water and water isnt any calories is it?

Anyway, even if it was 89 calories thats still good in my eyes :) XX

hollywood30

yeah they would be ideal in the soft foods stage, Ive just had my fill so thats why Im eating softs atm, good luck with your op :)

BlueDiamond

I still use these from time to time and they was my saviour when I was on mushy stuff post op - i love the swede one - yum yum .........very tasty too. x

tartanlady

The one with onions is yummy

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
Is there any other nutritional info on the pack?? wonder if made up with milk it might be better to start with.

Miss Tickle

Just checked these on Myfitnesspal and they vary quite a bit so be careful:

Asda Mash Snack Pot - Cheese and Brocolli, 50 g Pot 201 cals
Asda - Mash Snackpot Roast Onion, 1 pot 68 cals
Asda - Mash Snackpot Swede & Carrot, 50g pot 94 cals

hollywood30

thats all it says really. Really? How can it be 201 cals :S It doesnt say that on the pack xx

BlueDiamond

I checked asda website and the product nutritional values and for the cheese and broccoli one it states the following per 100g ( the pots are only 50g) - thats with added hot water ( no butter or milk)

Energy- 374kJ/89kcal
Protein - 2.0g
Carbohydrate -12.1g
of which sugars - 0.4g
Fat - 3.1g
of which saturates - 1.8g
Fibre - 2.4g
Sodium - 0.24g
equivalent as salt - 0.6g

hollywood30

yeah thats exactly the same as the pack bluediamond, so myfitnesspal must have made a mistake x

BlueDiamond

yeah thats exactly the same as the pack bluediamond, so myfitnesspal must have made a mistake x

Yes Hollywood, To be honest I cannot see a supermarket chain like Asda get their nutritional values wrong, it be more then dare do , its like someone having a nut allergy and then saying there is no nuts in it when there is ....( hope that makes sense ,lol)

stuckinafatsuit

POPPED THAT FAT SUIT!
Looking at the cheese and broccoli one now and its deffo 89kcals per 100g. My fitness pal have got that one wrong. I add 25g of cheese which adds about another 100kcals and another 12g of protein, and at 50p each you cant go wrong for a quick now and again.

Kim

Last edited:

Bellydancer57

What aisle re they in ambient or chilled? Thx

hollywood30

its in the tins isle i think, I know its in the same isle as pastas and noodles so just look for them xx

LucretiaUK

What a great idea! I'm still in the mush stages post band so I'm going to grab a few of these for lunch at work. Brilliant!

rickysmrs

Thanks for the info they sound great will start stocking up for post -op x