• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from County Durham

Beanie32

Paula x
Hello all!!!!
I've been surfing around for quite some time and am now starting the wls process. Well, I saw my GP mid August 2012 and she referred me to dietician whom I've seen once and am now heavier than when started!! I have researched my local pct criteria and will be ringing them tomorrow. I have downloaded the questionnaire and filled most of this in with my dieting/weight history so that when I go back to my GP it'll prompt me. What I am needing to clarify is: do I get in contact with hospital team for a seminar date and go along to that or do I try and get funded by pct first? If anyone's from the bishop area andi with bishopsgate mc and knows which GP advocates for bariatric surgery that would be great!
I've basically been burying my head and am now out of the sand and in the real world!!!
All of your threads are inspirational and addictive! This is going to take up all my spare time now!
Speak soon
Paula

Hi Paula, I'm from County Durham also in the consett area. I'm also at the beginning but have attended a seminar at Sunderland in August, I was referred to this by my doctor, my next appointment is not until jan, it's along process but a one I'm willing to take now. Good luck to you and your journey
Claire x

Hi Paula, I am from Willington, just down the road, there is a lady on here called think its Nicola ROBINSON think she is from Bishop she will hopefully be able let you know, I personally didn't know anything about funding being in place, no one ever mentioned it first I heard was when I became part of this forum wls group. It does take a long time unless you get to go on the DARLINGTON LIST ITS FAIRLY NEW SO might get you sorted quicker. I had mine at Sunderland but a lady near me had hers at Tyneside, so whatever your doc decides really. Best of luck on your wls journey looking forward to meeting you at Darlo coffee n chat on Nov 3rd. xx

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck with your journey, hope it's a short one for you. Do have have any idea what type of surgery you would like. Quite often after the first seminar you will have a better idea of which one will suit you best. I don't know anything about the process in your area but hope you manage to get all the info you need. I'm sure you will on here, everyones so helpful.

Kate x

Wishing you the best on your journey Beanie32. It can be a long process. I say my GP in Feb, got the invite to a seminar in April. Because my BMI was in the high 50's I had a gastric balloon fitted this month (4th Oct 12). I will have the balloon out and the by pass done around April/May 2013. xx

Thanks to you all for your comments. Today I contacted PCT and they stopped funding 6 months ago and now GPs refer directly to the service! I've just got to make sure I fit the NICE CG43 guidelines and make the case to my GP. Unfortunately I can't get an appt til next week but another week can't hurt!!!!!!!!!

I appear to not know his to use this site and don't know how to contact Nicola!!!!! Can you help me? I can't PM either why's that!!!! I will get a handle on it!!!! Lol

Back