• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New guy saying hi!

I found it didn't really work like that. After the Psych appointment on March 12th, I called Debbie two days later and asked what the process is next. She said to wait a week then call her. I called the following week and she said she'd put me in the following weeks' MDT meeting which is on a Thursday morning and she'd call me straight after the meeting. At this stage, she even gave me a provisional date of April 16th, to be confirmed when she called. Give her a bell, after all, you're the patient and you have a right to know what's going on instead of being at the mercy of a piece of paper in a filing tray. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! I will give it a go!

If I can ever get through to a person and not the dodgy answer phone, lol xx ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You're right there, it's a bit of a nightmare actually getting to speak to someone. Don't give up though. I have Debbie's e-mail address too, if it's of any help to you. She does reply e-mails.

You're right there, it's a bit of a nightmare actually getting to speak to someone. Don't give up though. I have Debbie's e-mail address too, if it's of any help to you. She does reply e-mails.

Ooooo yes please :)

Fabulous. I shall keep you updated xx ;)

Please do! Best of luck. x

Two telephone messages and an email - no reply yet... She must have liked you ;)

How you getting on? X

Two telephone messages and an email - no reply yet... She must have liked you ;) How you getting on? X Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I bugged her a lot and I think she must have got sick of me!

She will reply - I'd try again tomorrow if I were you. Sometimes she just randomly picks up the phone. It's weird. Kinda like playing hospital telephone lottery.....

I'm doing okay today....had some pain from one of the wound sites and a little nausea this evening, but that's passed now. I hope you're well too... xx

I'm okay... Just feel life is on hold until I have this operation *sigh*

I tried calling as much as I could around work today. But still no answer. Grrrrr x

Hi Dave and welcome.
I love this site. Everyone is so supportive and understands how we are feeling.
Good luck with your journey and I look forward to following your posts.
xx

Hi Dave and welcome. I love this site. Everyone is so supportive and understands how we are feeling. Good luck with your journey and I look forward to following your posts. xx

Hi Sparklysue! Thanks for the greeting. You're right - it's great being amongst like-minded individuals. Something a lot of us do not have within out families and peer groups. It makes this forum absolutely invaluable.

Thanks for contributing, everyone. It makes a difference.

I'm Laura :) it's going great! Had a few set backs at the beginning but things are all back to normal now. I suffered from fatty liver and sleep apnea and since op my liver inflammation is now non existent and I no longer have to wear my cpap machine for sleep apnea and that's only 2 months down the line!! Good luck with your journey, I look forward to following it :) x

Hello Dave, I'm Claire, had my bypass at the beginning of October, just have 6 lbs to go until I reach target now, I'm happy that you're doing so well, I've been reading your responses and you seem like a breath of fresh air. X

Hello Dave, I'm Claire, had my bypass at the beginning of October, just have 6 lbs to go until I reach target now, I'm happy that you're doing so well, I've been reading your responses and you seem like a breath of fresh air. X

Claire, hello!! That's an *amazing* achievement, well done! Kudos to you for working so hard and being that close to target! Inspirational.

Thanks for the compliment too, although it's just me - I've not changed per se, I just believe in having a positive mental attitude to get through the tougher things in life. It's worked so far, so I don't think I'm going to change just yet!

All the very best - there's only 6lbs to go and you've come this far, you can do it!! xx

I'm Laura :) it's going great! Had a few set backs at the beginning but things are all back to normal now. I suffered from fatty liver and sleep apnea and since op my liver inflammation is now non existent and I no longer have to wear my cpap machine for sleep apnea and that's only 2 months down the line!! Good luck with your journey, I look forward to following it :) x

Hey Laura,

I'm assuming that must be Lee in the pic then! Sounds like you're making really great progress honey, that's awesome. It must be lovely being CPAP-free too - what a result.
Talking of 'fatty liver', did it reduce much before surgery with the pre-op diet?
Sounds like you're doing great, I'm really happy for you and hope my successes can be as significant as yours.

All the very best for the future. xx

Hey Laura, I'm assuming that must be Lee in the pic then! Sounds like you're making really great progress honey, that's awesome. It must be lovely being CPAP-free too - what a result. Talking of 'fatty liver', did it reduce much before surgery with the pre-op diet? Sounds like you're doing great, I'm really happy for you and hope my successes can be as significant as yours. All the very best for the future. xx

No that's my husband Marc lol Laura lee is just a name that my aunty used to call me growing up. I actually didn't have time for a liver reducing diet as my op was fitted in as a cancellation I got put on the waiting list 21st jan then had a phone call 10th feb saying they had a cancellation on 12th so that's when I had my op done. I was still waiting on my appointment with my dietician to go over LSD. I was so worried that my liver would be too big but it wasn't. :) x

No that's my husband Marc lol Laura lee is just a name that my aunty used to call me growing up. I actually didn't have time for a liver reducing diet as my op was fitted in as a cancellation I got put on the waiting list 21st jan then had a phone call 10th feb saying they had a cancellation on 12th so that's when I had my op done. I was still waiting on my appointment with my dietician to go over LSD. I was so worried that my liver would be too big but it wasn't. :) x

Wow, ok cool! I didn't know they did surgery without the pre-op diet.

I'm a little concerned your dietician is going to give you LSD. Are we in the 60's again...? ;-)

Back