• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New guy saying hi!

Hahaha yeah he's a bit of a hippy! ;) yeah I kinda feel cheated out of the extra weightloss haha everyone on here has done so well with the weight they've lost during liver shrinkage. I've lost 3st since surgery had a bit of a stall this week which is disheartening but I know this happens to us all. I seen your weightloss in your diary. Well done. Long may it continue eh :) x

Hi Dave just saying hi and letting you know your not the only man in the village:) I am also having bypass end of May so following your posts closely

Hi Dave just saying hi and letting you know your not the only man in the village:) I am also having bypass end of May so following your posts closely

Hello mate! Good to know I'm not alone! Where abouts are you? Which hospital? Man to man, I'll give you a little advice - if they offer an epidural pain relief injection that lasts around 24 hours - take it! It gives you a proper mellow feeling with zero pain. However, it does give you a spinal block for a while, so if you can't pee within about 6-8 hours of surgery (I couldn't), expect to have a catheter at some stage. For me, it came around midnight.

Zero pain / big tube in yer penis - it's a trade off.

I'd make the same decision again though. The catheter was a small price to pay for being pain free. (And high as a kite - it's an NHS bonus!)

All the best Rob, feel free to ask any questions. I'm by no means an expert, but I've done it and I'm living it.

Dave

Back