• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ex Lighter Life/Cambridge Diet

OliverDog

Hi All

Havent been on the site for a long time, last used it when I was doing my Lighterlife diet, which was very hard but very successful but the sad thing was I put it all back on again over two years.....

I have now had a Gastric Band fitted and just found this new section on this site, so would like to say hello again and join in with everyone to share my experiences and learn how you are all doing!

Oliverdog:eek:

Hiya! I had my band Summer 2008, welcome to the forum and good luck losing the wodge xxxx Hugs xxxx

Hi Oliver and welcome to WLS forum.

I am an ex cambridge dieter also, and had some success, but same as most people I know who have done a VLCD, I soon managed to gain back what I had lost - with interest.

I had my gastric bypass on 30th August and I'm hoping that this time, Im losing the weight for good.

Anyway, very best of luck with your journey, and look forward to getting to know you xx

Hi Oliver
Welcome to the site, good luck on your weight loss journey x
xxx em xxx

Hi Everyone, thanks for making me feel so welcome.
I had my Gastric Band fitted middle of October in Belgium, I now realise how fast I ate and what big bites I took!! Eating slowly and chewing now. Everything seems to be going well having my first fill this week, have been a little hungry for the last week so definately need it, although it feels a bit strange I think it is the best thing I have every done, it is nice to know that no matter how long it takes to loose and I am not in a hurry, but the only way is down and I wont ever be this weight again!!

I am a little nervous of my first fill but I am sure it will be ok everyone else seems to survive..... lol.... Good Luck everyone and yes I also put a heap more back on after my VLCD!!

Hi OliverDog! Im new to this part of the site aswell after cambridge and lighter life and gaining it all back! Im thinking surgery is the way for me aswell. how did you decide on Belgium? is it much cheaper? where do you get your fills done? do you get on going support when here? sorry for all the questions but id love to know lots of options! good luck for the rest of your journey, it sounds likeyour on the right path now xx

Hi Liz, sorry its taken me a couple of days to reply I have been away for work. I decided on Belgium as the cost is four thousand euros which is about £3,500 including the hotel and taxi fares, all I had to do was pay for the return flight which cost me £90. I was banded with six other lovely people and we met the surgeon and his assistant the night before, we had been corresponding etc. to assess if we were ok for surgery. I booked it around work about six weeks ahead so it worked for me. They usually reckon on you taking someone with you and they are ok with that. You stay in hospital overnight which is very clean and very good, give you advice, xray you before you leave to make sure everything is ok. I have had a couple of small blips since being back and spoken to the doctor as you are given his number and everything has been fine. I am having my first fill next week and the surgeons assistant comes over from Belgium to do them, he visits several places throughout the month, so I will let you know how I get on. If I am not impressed I will change to WLS aftercare package as there are many people who have been to Brussels and use this and it is given good reviews, but I would like to give my surgeons team a try first just incase there are any problems?

Hope this helps, if you are interested you can book through an agent who takes a fee or book direct with the surgeons assistant Fred. The Surgeon is Dr Chris De Bruyne, if you google him you will find his direct website. He doesnt advertise as he is so good he doesnt need to.

Good Luck with your decision, it isnt easy and it is not a quick answer, it is a tool to help you but the best thing I have ever done. Its nice to know as it comes off it wont be going back on again.....lol

Hi and welcome back. I am hoping to get funding for a bypass. Been waiting a year hopefully I will know before Christmas.

Back