• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New Member.....Help needed please

mummyof3

Hi

I am trying to work out a couple of things.....

1. Why do I have no PM facility? Do I need a certain number of posts first?

2. On my ticker when you go over it with the mouse, there is no hand there apparently this means I will be unable to update it. I did follow the instructions I was given though!

3. Why can't I put my goals on my signature like other people? It just says only up to 350 characters allowed, but there weren't that many and it was certainly smaller than some of the others I have seen.

I'd really appreciate your help!

Hi

I am trying to work out a couple of things.....

1. Why do I have no PM facility? Do I need a certain number of posts first?

2. On my ticker when you go over it with the mouse, there is no hand there apparently this means I will be unable to update it. I did follow the instructions I was given though!

3. Why can't I put my goals on my signature like other people? It just says only up to 350 characters allowed, but there weren't that many and it was certainly smaller than some of the others I have seen.

I'd really appreciate your help!

Great, I'll take a look now! :)

Might be easier to remove your ticker and start again.

Irene xx

Yes, I'll try now..... Now have 20 posts, but tried to do my signature with goals and it still says only 350 characters...:confused:

You get a bigger signature space when you have more posts

And also the site will need to update so could take an hour after you get to the correct number of posts

Irene xx

Yes, I realise that, but on the link you gave me, it said over 20 posts. Hence why I'm confused.......

Yes, I'll try now..... Now have 20 posts, but tried to do my signature with goals and it still says only 350 characters...:confused:

If you are using different colours with your goals, it can use up a fair amount of characters with the coding.

Try doing it in black for now and see if that works. The more posts you have the most space you'll get, so it will only be for a short while :)

Thanks, I'll try again! I'm now struggling with my flipping ticker again. Grrrrr

Still won't let me! This is all I am trying to post:

Started CD SS+ 9th March 2009!
Goals for 2009:
1.Complete 1st week on plan
2.Get lower than 20 Stone!!!
3.1st Stone by 1st April
4.lose 10% of Body Weight
5.2nd stone by Mid May
6.3rd Stone by 1st July
7.4 Stone by Hols in August
8. Be in size 18 by hols
9. 5 stone by my B'day
10. 6 stone by Xmas

If you are using different colours with your goals, it can use up a fair amount of characters with the coding.

Try doing it in black for now and see if that works. The more posts you have the most space you'll get, so it will only be for a short while :)

Still won't let me. It now says no more than 500 characters allowed, I've changed it to black and reduced it to the following, but it still won't let me! :
Started CD SS+ 9th March 2009!
Goals for 2009:

1.Complete 1st week on plan
2.Get lower than 20 Stone!!!
3.1st Stone by 1st April
4.lose 10% of Body Weight
5.2nd stone by Mid May
6.3rd Stone by 1st July
7.4 Stone by Hols in August
8. Be in size 18 by hols
9. 5 stone by my B'day
10. 6 stone by Xmas

Well done. Your ticker is fine.

Irene xx

Play a few of the word games in the chit chat section to increase your number of posts

Irene xx

Play a few of the word games in the chit chat section to increase your number of posts

Irene xx

But I thought I only need 20 and I now have several more than that and the allowance has been increased to 500 characters which is more than I need, but it's still not working. :confused:

Some things are 50 posts

Irene xx

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

I've put your goals in for you for the time being.

The characters added to about 435, but could have been more according to how you set the font etc.

Hope that'll do for a while anyway :)

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

It was just my goals on my signature I wanted! Suddenly it's working though...HOORAY! :D Thanks for all your help. x

Back