• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I would start practising eating small mouthfuls slowly and chewing each one 20 times - didn't realise this would be so hard to do, and tbh I don't do it properly even now. Also, if you don't already, get used to drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

Thanks everyone-I just have this feeling that I haven't been told something or I'm going to be shocked by something! I think I'm prepared but I won't know til I get there! I will get my date soon ( mr Li is back from holidays in the middle of November) and I'll be able to get some stuff together. I see a lot of people talking about windeze ( sorry for the spelling), I'll have to get some of that!

I have another question, is it safe to fly a few days after surgery? I'm coming from Dublin to Manchester for the surgery! And I would like to get back to my bed as soon as possible (3/4 days afterwards)!

I have another question, is it safe to fly a few days after surgery? I'm coming from Dublin to Manchester for the surgery! And I would like to get back to my bed as soon as possible (3/4 days afterwards)!

That is a question v much for your provider. This is major surgery - it may be so soon post op you'll be deemed unfit to travel by the airline. I don't know.

Your question about not being told, doing things differently, etc ... I supported my best friend through his bypass 8 years ago and every day since, and did heaps of research pre deciding on WLS, and nothing prepared me for how hard (mentally and physically) the first few weeks post op would be. Nothing. All I'll say is that you must have 'understood' why you are in the position of needing WLS and be mentally 100% in the zone. It requires total commitment and a decision to put the past behind you and embrace a whole new way of life and thinking. Good luck xx

Back