• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland hospital

I had it on the 18th came out of hospital on monday. Must say im very impressed with Sunderland the nurses were fantastic. Havnt even had any pain relief since monday everything seems to be going really well! Hopefully I will stay this positive lol
that sounds brilliant Lynsey can I ask how did you find it all did u see the surgeon the evening before? And when u were admitted was anyone allowed with you for a while? Sorry for all the questions just starting to stress a little think I'm getting more nervous as the time gets closer! So pleased you had a good experience and the pain relief aspect is great well done xxx

I had to go in for 2 on Friday and my partner stayed with until around 4pm. I had a visit from a doctor that just checked me over then a visit from the dietician and a bit later mr small came to see me for consent forms and just to check I was sure. Then I was 1st on the list on Saturday so was back on the ward by 12. They keep you well topped up with pain relief so I wasnt in too much pain at any point. I was in a ward with 2 women getting the exact same thing done and I think that helped too as we kept each other going infact most of the pain I had was caused by laughing so hard!

I had to go in for 2 on Friday and my partner stayed with until around 4pm. I had a visit from a doctor that just checked me over then a visit from the dietician and a bit later mr small came to see me for consent forms and just to check I was sure. Then I was 1st on the list on Saturday so was back on the ward by 12. They keep you well topped up with pain relief so I wasnt in too much pain at any point. I was in a ward with 2 women getting the exact same thing done and I think that helped too as we kept each other going infact most of the pain I had was caused by laughing so hard!
that sounds brilliant ! Was hoping to have hubby stay for a while once on ward so that sounds great :) xxx

Im doing really well thank you, healing up great still not had any pain and im only a week out so fingers crossed it continues. I have no appetite at all at the minute but im sticking to the diet sheet they have given me and only eating a small amount maybe just over a tablespoon each time amd finding that the yoghurt, milk, cheese and mash have been the easiest things for me to manage.

Im doing really well thank you, healing up great still not had any pain and im only a week out so fingers crossed it continues. I have no appetite at all at the minute but im sticking to the diet sheet they have given me and only eating a small amount maybe just over a tablespoon each time amd finding that the yoghurt, milk, cheese and mash have been the easiest things for me to manage.
glad your well :) excellent about the pain ! It all sounds brilliant think the nerves Are kicking in slightly just keep thinking to myself it will all be worth it! My fears are of just being out to sleep sounds daft really ! What time did u have your op Hun and how long till bk on ward ? Sorry for all the questions ! X

I was just as nervous as you are and even had a few little meltdowns and crys before hand so its perfectly normal. I looked at the clock as I was put to sleep and it was 8.33 I was awake in recovery for ages as they needed to give me some anti sickness drugs as I was close to being sick. I was still a bit out of it when I got back to the ward so didnt check the time but I know I had a bit sleep then rang my family at 12.45. I was constantly wondering if I was making a mistake but so far I can honestly say im happy iv lost 4.3kg so far and im only 8 days out. I had millions of questions before hand and it has helped to do alot of research

Being put to sleep didn't bother me that day as we had this woman on our ward who didnt sleep so she would pack and unpack her bags and sing and argue with herself so I was exhausted and looking forward to closing my eyes lol

I was just as nervous as you are and even had a few little meltdowns and crys before hand so its perfectly normal. I looked at the clock as I was put to sleep and it was 8.33 I was awake in recovery for ages as they needed to give me some anti sickness drugs as I was close to being sick. I was still a bit out of it when I got back to the ward so didnt check the time but I know I had a bit sleep then rang my family at 12.45. I was constantly wondering if I was making a mistake but so far I can honestly say im happy iv lost 4.3kg so far and im only 8 days out. I had millions of questions before hand and it has helped to do alot of research
thank you so much ! Honestly this is how I've been having a few meltdowns I even rang Kim but she sorted me out lol need to keep the blood pressure down that is my main concern I was advised that my op is booked for 11 so will try and keep calm lol brilliant weightless already that's amazing ! I had a big loss at start of pre op diet but it's seemed to have stopped now :-/ gonna keep myself busy this week and try not to think about it ...... We'll as much as I can xxxxx

Being put to sleep didn't bother me that day as we had this woman on our ward who didnt sleep so she would pack and unpack her bags and sing and argue with herself so I was exhausted and looking forward to closing my eyes lol
ohhhh no I bet this will be me driving myself crazy lol x

Back