• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New, Nervous and Never been kissed....

... ok, so I have been kissed... just wanted another N and it was the first thing I thought of. ;)

I just signed up. I have gastric band surgery scheduled for next Thursday the 17th. Excited, so nervous and excited all over again... with a bit more nervous for good measure.

See this is how fried my brain is... I will be having bypass surgery, not band. I feel like I have already had brain bypass surgery. Sorry. But thanks for the hello!

Im having a bypass on 19th Oct so you are another Optober..there are a lot of us! You must have started the pre-op.. how you doing?

im a bander but saying hi and welcome :)

Welcome from a bypasser - how's it going so far?

Im having a bypass on 19th Oct so you are another Optober..there are a lot of us! You must have started the pre-op.. how you doing?
Hi, yes. Started pre-op on the 2nd. I seem to be more fortunate than others as I am able to do a soup, yogurt and milk (with a little sugar free jelly thrown in), and I like soup so not too much of a struggle. I would have had a hard time with the milk only one.

How are you doing?

Welcome from a bypasser - how's it going so far?
all good so far thanks. Just dealing with the pre-op diet and wishing my life away until next week and my op date.

Yest started pre-op diet on the 2nd. Luckier than some as I am able to do soup, yogurt, milk (and a little sugar free jelly) which isn't too bad. I would have struggled with the all milk one. I am just wishing my life away until my op next week.

How are you doing?

Yest started pre-op diet on the 2nd. Luckier than some as I am able to do soup, yogurt, milk (and a little sugar free jelly) which isn't too bad. I would have struggled with the all milk one. I am just wishing my life away until my op next week.

How are you doing?

I am the exact same....just had jelly and yoghurt for breakfast washed down with an iced coffee using my milk allowance and lots n lots of crushed ice.
I had a problem at the beginning with the taste of saccharin in my mouth but now when it's gets too bad I put a tsp of marmite in boiling water to make a hot drink and that does the trick.

I have stuck to it 100 % during the day ...but oh my I am scoffing all sorts of junk food in my dreams!

Where is your surgery?

I am the exact same....just had jelly and yoghurt for breakfast washed down with an iced coffee using my milk allowance and lots n lots of crushed ice.
I had a problem at the beginning with the taste of saccharin in my mouth but now when it's gets too bad I put a tsp of marmite in boiling water to make a hot drink and that does the trick.

I have stuck to it 100 % during the day ...but oh my I am scoffing all sorts of junk food in my dreams!

Where is your surgery?
I do the marmie/bovril thing too. The thought of that would have been disgusting to me 2 weeks ago but now sometimes it's the only thing that will do! I actually went out to dinner last night with 3 friends I hadn't seen for about 6 months (arranged before I had my surgery date) and as I didn't want to cancel I told them I was recovering from a sickness bug and wasn't up to eating. So I sat there through the whole meal, having had soup before I went out and a yogurt in the car before i went into the restaurant and just nursed a glass of water. That was tough!

I am at St Peters in Chertsey. What about you?

Where is your surgery?
I do the marmite/bovril thing too. The thought of which would have been disgusting to me 2 weeks ago and now sometimes it is the only thing that will do!
I actually went out to dinner last night with 3 friends I hadn't seen for 6 months (arranged before I got my op date). As I didn't want to cancel I told them I was recovering from a sickness bug and it would be wise for me to not eat. So I sat there nursing a glass of water while they ate. That was tough.

I do the marmite/bovril thing too. The though of it would have been vile to me 2 weeks ago. Now, sometimes, it's the only thing that will do.
I actually went out to dinner last night (arranged before I got my surgery date) with 3 friends I hadn't seen for 6 months. As I didn't want to cancel I told them I was recovering from a sickness bug and it probably wasn't wise for me to eat. I sat there nursing a glass of water as they ate around me.... that was tough!

Where is your surgery?
I do the marmite/bovril thing too. The thought of it would have been vile to me a few weeks ago but now sometimes it's exactly the thing to do the trick. I actually went to dinner last night (arranged before I got my surgery date) with 3 friends I hadn't seen for about 6 months. I didn't want to cancel so I told them I was recovering from a sickness bug and wouldn't risk eating. So I sat there nursing a glass of water while they ate all around me. That was tough!

Well, this time next week!! I'm still nervous and getting more so. Coping ok with the pre op diet although finding all soups taste of salt and all yogurts taste sweet no flavours. Haven't tried the jelly, I will make some up today. The downside has been a very dry mouth with a very nasty taste, my breath must be rank! Running constantly to the loo for a wee( difficult for me as I walk with crutches due to arthritis) and constipation. I think I may have lost a bit of weight I'm not as puffy and bloated. Hope next week goes well for you and all the best to everyone having surgery soon.

I do the marmite/bovril thing too. The thought of it would have been vile to me a few weeks ago but now sometimes it's exactly the thing to do the trick. I actually went to dinner last night (arranged before I got my surgery date) with 3 friends I hadn't seen for about 6 months. I didn't want to cancel so I told them I was recovering from a sickness bug and wouldn't risk eating. So I sat there nursing a glass of water while they ate all around me. That was tough!

Blimey that was tough, well done you.

I had a second date this week..new man in my life has not come with perfect timing! First date was the day before I started pre-op so I could just have normal dinner so had to come up with a cunning plan for second date.. so we did bowling and I said I had eaten before I came out. But then after I said good night I realised I really liked him and it would be unfair not tell him what I was doing .. so I sent him an email and have not heard back.. must be a chubby chaser:sigh:!

I am at St Anthonys in Cheam not that far from you. Its a private hospital which takes NHS patients. We should keep in touch and compare notes?
:)

Back