• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New, Nervous and Never been kissed....

Blimey that was tough, well done you.

I had a second date this week..new man in my life has not come with perfect timing! First date was the day before I started pre-op so I could just have normal dinner so had to come up with a cunning plan for second date.. so we did bowling and I said I had eaten before I came out. But then after I said good night I realised I really liked him and it would be unfair not tell him what I was doing .. so I sent him an email and have not heard back.. must be a chubby chaser:sigh:!

I am at St Anthonys in Cheam not that far from you. Its a private hospital which takes NHS patients. We should keep in touch and compare notes?
:)
Haha..... the man is a fool clearly!

Excellent. Would be great to keep in touch especially as so close in op date and geographically too. Thanks x

Well, this time next week!! I'm still nervous and getting more so. Coping ok with the pre op diet although finding all soups taste of salt and all yogurts taste sweet no flavours. Haven't tried the jelly, I will make some up today. The downside has been a very dry mouth with a very nasty taste, my breath must be rank! Running constantly to the loo for a wee( difficult for me as I walk with crutches due to arthritis) and constipation. I think I may have lost a bit of weight I'm not as puffy and bloated. Hope next week goes well for you and all the best to everyone having surgery soon.

OMG by breath is rank and as for running to the loo, I'm piddling like a horse! Surprised about the constipation because saccharin is a laxative and there is a lot of saccharin in the soups and yogs... but this time next week we will be feet up watching strictly with a teeny tiny pouch.. :)

It tastes like something actually crawled into my mouth and died .....

Very common - just lots of brushing and drinkign I'm afraid. its a sign of ketosis.

I pretty much have my toothbrush glued to my hand! x

lol it will get better hun, promise :)And you can have gum on the preop (but not postop!)

Back