• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New to forum

Geordie lass

Hello. I have just joined as I am having gastric sleeve surgery in April. I have been reading posts on here and can see how well you are all doing following weight loss surgery. Can't wait to be a part of this weight loss. Have tried all sorts of diets, pills and potions...nothing seems to work. I also have type 1 diabetes using an insulin pump. Will keep you all updated when my journey begins. Thanks for reading. Take care. M x. :p

Hello and welcome :)

Hello Geordie Lass !

Welcome, I'm new to the site too and having my op (RNY) in April. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you see the results you want.

I'm hoping to post regular "loser" updates on here and I am sure you will too.

Gan Canny ! :D

Hi Geordie and welcome :) welcome Pokey too :) Congrats and well done on getting your op dates, wishing you all the best for you pre op and beyond :) Looking forward to reading your 'regular loss updates too' :) x x x

Hello lass and pokey
I look forward to reading both your posts!
Good luck to both of you

Welcome, Geordie and Pokey, good luck on your journeys.

Where u getting done Geordie, is it Sunderland? xx

Why I...my username has given me away...yes a geordie lass indeed from the toon! Thank you all for your lovely welcome messages.

Joanne - I am going to Leeds for my sleeve surgery as I am going private. Having the procedure done through The Hospital Group at the Leeds Nuffield. I can't wait. I have been thinking about this for four years now and finally made the decision to go for it.

I am a little anxious about the pre op diet as well as the post op diet as I have diabetes and worried about my blood sugars going too low and not being able to eat to control this. I am sure the surgeon will advise me on this though.

I look forward to telling you all my results as the weeks go by. M x

I had my band fitted by Mr Halstead through THG at Leeds Nuffield. The nurses were brilliant, but they did really make me laugh which wasn't good after bariatric surgery! It was a really positive experience for me, hope it is for you too:)

welcome to both lass and pokey and good luck with your journeys

Good luck and hope you enjoy your time on the board. Also had a sleeve in December and probably one of the best things I've undertaken.

I had my band fitted by Mr Halstead through THG at Leeds Nuffield. The nurses were brilliant, but they did really make me laugh which wasn't good after bariatric surgery! It was a really positive experience for me, hope it is for you too:)

That is so comforting. Mr Halstead is doing my sleeve surgery and I have been told that he is brilliant. Glad to hear your whole experience was a positive one. I'm looking forward to getting my sleeve surgery done. M x

Mr. Halstead did my band to sleeve revision in Leeds. He was fantastic, the hospital was great and the staff excellent and so attentive. You will be in great hands there.

welcome.this is a great site some great people.everyone wants to help each other.i have been here for 14 months.and I go in for a gastric bypass on 20th this Thursday.you take care soohoo

Mr. Halstead did my band to sleeve revision in Leeds. He was fantastic, the hospital was great and the staff excellent and so attentive. You will be in great hands there.

That is so good to hear...people's own personal experiences. That puts my mind at ease. Many thanks. M x :)

welcome.this is a great site some great people.everyone wants to help each other.i have been here for 14 months.and I go in for a gastric bypass on 20th this Thursday.you take care soohoo

Many thanks soohoo. Good luck for your surgery on 20th. Hope it goes well for you. I can't wait for mine. It can't come soon enough! Take care, M x

Back