• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hello

Janetteclare

Hello. I have just joined the group. I am on the pathway for weight loss surgery. I have type 2 diabetes and have tablets, victoza and insulin. They say I will be off all medication afterwards. I have seen a dietician and am losing weight, lost just over a stone so far. Need to lose 10% of body weight for surgery. Due to see psychologist this week. Surgeon have suggested either gastric sleeve or bypass but thinks bypass is best for diabetes. I have joined because I would like to talk to some people about what it's like. How surgery went? What its like living with surgery afterwards. Look forward to speaking to you all. Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I'm still pre op so cant help with what its like afterwards but there's loads of people on here who can.
good luck with your journey :)

Hello and welcome to a great bunch of people ! we all have started this journey with loads of questions none of them we all at some point have wanted/needed to have answered. no question is daft or strange so ask away!
good luck in all you wish for

Thanks. Are you worried? What are your thoughts on having the surgery?

Yeah I am a bit worried. But it's got to be done. I look on it as a start to a whole new life, the life I have been missing out on for 27 years.

Back